TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

@seabeds - Sorry, I will try to make it more clear.

When "Forum activity display" is set to "Show new threads and replies" or "Show new threads only" and "Forum activity permissions user" is set to 0 (which is default), only the topics that guests can see will appear in the Shoutbox forum activity. If this is fine for you, you do not need to do anything else.

If you want to customize what threads appear in the shoutbox (for example, if you have a forum that members can only see when logged in, but you want those that forum's posts to appear in the shoutbox, too), you can set a user ID in the "Forum activity permissions user" box. The Shoutbox will "see" the forum activity through the eyes of that user. I recommend creating a new user account for the Shoutbox to use (I just call mine "Shoutbox"), and entering its user ID here. You can then set the Shoutbox account's forum permissions to see only the forums that you want to show in the shoutbox. On my forum, I also use this same account to post the logs to the forum.

Thank you for clearing that up!

Does anyone know how to have Taigachat for CTA Featured Threads & Portal? For XenPorta I had option to put it on Home Portal page, but here I don't see option like that. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

I bought this plus Xenporta2 and am unable to get this to display within the new widgets... the includes don't seem to display anything from within a widget.

I can see the instructions guide you to putting it straight into the page, but it would be nice to get it working as a block like I had in the old version.

However, if I copy the code from within the include into a new widget I created myself I can get it to display the chat box minus the text entry field and toolbar.

Just finding myself recoding your work and worried I'll have to support it myself.

If I attempt to use Xenporta2's premade widget for taigachat it says the addon is put of date, I did have the previous "free" one installed but both uninstalled the previous addon, dropped the db entries and over wrote the folders with the upload content provided in the latest download.

Lastly, I have also tried turning on the global hook option with regards (as suggested by others) with no more success.

Additionally, I found that the widgets provided with the download for taigachat for Xenporta don't work in the new version Xenporta2.

Appologies for the wall of text.

Any ideas?

3v1L

Last edited:
Hi,

I bought this plus Xenporta2 and am unable to get this to display within the new widgets... the includes don't seem to display anything from within a widget.

I can see the instructions guide you to putting it straight into the page, but it would be nice to get it working as a block like I had in the old version.

However, if I copy the code from within the include into a new widget I created myself I can get it to display the chat box minus the text entry field and toolbar.

Just finding myself recoding your work and worried I'll have to support it myself.

If I attempt to use Xenporta2's premade widget for taigachat it says the addon is put of date, I did have the previous "free" one installed but both uninstalled the previous addon, dropped the db entries and over wrote the folders with the upload content provided in the latest download.

Lastly, I have also tried turning on the global hook option with regards (as suggested by others) with no more success.

Additionally, I found that the widgets provided with the download for taigachat for Xenporta don't work in the new version Xenporta2.

Appologies for the wall of text.

Any ideas?

3v1L

You should not have the global hook option in taigachat pro, are you sure you updated from the free addon correctly? It would explain your issue with it reporting the addon as out of date

I would recommend uninstalling in the admin CP, re-uploading the taigachat pro files, then installing the taigachat pro addon .xml

I use taigachat pro and I'm very happy with it. However, one thing would be perfet: if my users could tag each other like @rhodes so that they are informed if they are mentione within a chat. Any plans for that @Luke F ?

It is planned, but low priority as it does not suit faster chats (the message with the tag would be quickly pushed out of view)

Hi,

Im certain there must have been left over files and or that the file over-write did not take place fully.
All i did is look at the files and deeper into the library there were mixed timestamps... even after attempting this multiple times.

I looked at the folder names in the upload directory and renamed the ones on the server which matched, deleted any old tiagachat xml files
which were laying around and re-copied the new files and directories.

Once i dropped the taigachat portion of the database and reinstalled the addon it worked fine.
Thanks, between your comments and jaxls i was able to figure it out.

3v1L

Hi @Luke F

/*Edit: This Problem exists since forever on my Page. */

Ive still big Problems with the newest Taiga Chat Pro Full View.
I just completely reinstalled the whole Plugin and also tried it with the Default Template - always the Same Error by opening the Chat URL:

http://www.fightgenossen.ch/taigachat/

Code:
Template Errors: dark_taigachat
htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /root_folder/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 1332:
1331: $__compilerVar30 .= ';
1332:     taigachat.speedurl = "' . htmlspecialchars($taigachat['speedurl'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '";
1333:     taigachat.url = "' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::link('taigachat/list.json', false, array()) . '";
htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /root_folder/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 1367:
1366: $__compilerVar30 .= ';
1367:     taigachat.timedisplay = "' . htmlspecialchars($taigachat['timedisplay'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '";
1368:     taigachat.canModify = ';
htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /root_folder/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 1414:
1413: {
1414: $__compilerVar30 .= 'taigachat.customColor = "' . htmlspecialchars($taigachat['color'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '";';
1415: }

Popup Mode works absolutely perfect:
http://www.fightgenossen.ch/taigachat/popup

Do you have an Idea?

Thanks!
oNdsen

Last edited:
Trying to install. I don't find addon-TaigaChat.xml in any of the folders.

What am I missing?

edited to add: eegads, never mind, found it.

Trying to install. I don't find addon-TaigaChat.xml in any of the folders.

What am I missing?

edited to add: eegads, never mind, found it.

When you Unzip the TaigaChatPro1.4.7.zip you'll find directly in the root Folder the addon-TaigaChat.xml

Where can I change the name from "shoutbox" to "chat?"

Under Options > TaigaChat Pro you can choose your Primary Route to /taigachat /chat /chatbox or /shoutbox

is it possible to embed the chat in other site not only in current forum pages.?

Sure. First you need is to enable the Popup View under Options > TaigaChat Pro and then you can insert your TaigaChat with the following Url:
http://your-url.com/index.php?taigachat/popup or http://your-url.com/taigachat/popup
-> The State "taigachat" should be your Primary Route under TaigaChat Pro Options

Hi @Luke F

I've found the Problem!
The Problem was caused by Widget Framework...

Thanks anyway!

Edit:
YES! I definitively found the Problem.
Im using Taiga Chat Pro and [BD] Widget Framework.
The Problem causes, because i used a TaigaChat Widget on every Page.
When im using the Big Taigachat, the TaigaChat Widget disapears and make this huge Overlay...

I think its a Bug of the TaigaChat Widget Framework :)

Is it possible to fix it?
Like if($taigachat_widget=='available'){ disable($taigachat_widget); } (just as Information-Example).

I just temporarely used this Expression Workaround:
PHP:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']!='/shoutbox/'

Thanks in advance!
oNdsen

Last edited:
Where can I change the name from "shoutbox" to "chat?"

Edit the phrase dark_shoutbox

Hi @Luke F

I've found the Problem!
The Problem was caused by Widget Framework...

Thanks anyway!

Edit:
YES! I definitively found the Problem.
Im using Taiga Chat Pro and [BD] Widget Framework.
The Problem causes, because i used a TaigaChat Widget on every Page.
When im using the Big Taigachat, the TaigaChat Widget disapears and make this huge Overlay...

I think its a Bug of the TaigaChat Widget Framework :)

Is it possible to fix it?
Like if($taigachat_widget=='available'){ disable($taigachat_widget); } (just as Information-Example).

I just temporarely used this Expression Workaround:
PHP:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']!='/shoutbox/'

Thanks in advance!
oNdsen

Taigachat only supports one instance per page, so if you are using a global widget you will need to add some kind of filter to prevent it displaying on the full shoutbox page as you have done

Taigachat only supports one instance per page, so if you are using a global widget you will need to add some kind of filter to prevent it displaying on the full shoutbox page as you have done

Thanks, i did it allready by adding a Expression with URI-Check.

@Luke F

We have a problem with out Shoutbox Archive thread. The thread doesn't add multiple pages, it just keeps adding posts into the same page somehow.

Any idea what would cause this? I'm able to repair the thread by moving a post out of it, but it borks again as soon as it posts another archive post.

@Luke F

Having an issue with this in the browser console, repeating over and over about once per second:

Code:
TypeError: xhr.responseText is undefined taigachat.js:438:1

Any ideas?

Hi :) First, thanks for the great work @LukeF! This is really a great add-on :)

I especially enjoy the possibility to display replies to threads and new threads in the discussion. However, I'd like to offer my users the possibility to hide it if they want to. I've tried tweaking the option using Custom Fields (I've created a dark_taigachat_custom option with three choices: "None", "Thread" and "Both", and I have replaced every $option > dark_taigachat_activity with $visitor.customfield.dark_taigachat_custom in Post.php but it didn't work at all :D) I'm pretty new to it and I don't want to break your code! (that would rude of me) Do you know how could I do that?

Thanks in advance, and congrats for it all :)

Hello Luke,

I have discovered a bug which renders the shoutbox to stop working.
My server has: Nginx, PHP 5.6
To reproduce the bug: Enable https compatibility mode and enable the first two xenforo seo options.
Tested with Google Chrome.

Kind regards,
George.

@Luke F

We have a problem with out Shoutbox Archive thread. The thread doesn't add multiple pages, it just keeps adding posts into the same page somehow.

Any idea what would cause this? I'm able to repair the thread by moving a post out of it, but it borks again as soon as it posts another archive post.

This must be caused by another addon, as TaigaChat does not manipulate how posts are displayed in the archive thread. The likely cause is another addon hooking the point when posts are added - if it were poorly coded it could miss posts added programatically such as with the taigachat archive

@Luke F

Having an issue with this in the browser console, repeating over and over about once per second:

Code:

Any ideas?

It seems the refresh AJAX call is returning invalid data for some reason - try toggling the speed mode option

Hi :) First, thanks for the great work @LukeF! This is really a great add-on :)

I especially enjoy the possibility to display replies to threads and new threads in the discussion. However, I'd like to offer my users the possibility to hide it if they want to. I've tried tweaking the option using Custom Fields (I've created a dark_taigachat_custom option with three choices: "None", "Thread" and "Both", and I have replaced every $option > dark_taigachat_activity with $visitor.customfield.dark_taigachat_custom in Post.php but it didn't work at all :D) I'm pretty new to it and I don't want to break your code! (that would rude of me) Do you know how could I do that?

Thanks in advance, and congrats for it all :)

$visitor.customfield.dark_taigachat_custom looks like template syntax - in the PHP code you would need to manually load the visitor's custom user field data

Also make sure you have speed mode disabled or your code will have no effect

Hello Luke,

I have discovered a bug which renders the shoutbox to stop working.
My server has: Nginx, PHP 5.6
To reproduce the bug: Enable https compatibility mode and enable the first two xenforo seo options.
Tested with Google Chrome.

Kind regards,
George.

I use the same configuration on my live site and it works perfectly. Keep in mind if you are using the https compatibility mode option, your XF board URL setting must be correct, and also you do not necessarily need to use https compatibility mode for https sites

Can you PM me a link and a test account to where this occurs?

Top Bottom