TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

If I delete a shout sometimes an old shout will be appended to the conversation (out of order), and it can be a bit confusing; it doesn't persist if you refresh the page. Any idea why? Here's my settings.

For example, I delete'd a shout, and an old one appears at the end of the conversation.

I have noted this to look into for the next update

Hey guys, isn't the auto-scroll broken on XF 1.5 for you? Sometimes it just stops scrolling, using latest Chrome version.

I haven't noticed this but will continue to keep an eye out for it

Is it possible to place a 'members in chat' block on a non-xf page? (same server, different domain)

Rendering XF templates outside of XF code is quite an involved process - it takes a strong knowledge of XF internals. Unfortunately due to the complexity it would be outside of the support I can provide. If you search through the resource manager you might find an example of how to do it, or if not then the Tapatalk plugin is good to learn from in terms of accessing XF externally.

I upgraded to XenForo 1.5.0 Candidate 2 and now whenever I or any of my users try editing or deleting their shouts, we get this..

Screenshot_17-56-14.png

Taigachat Options:
Screenshot_17-58-39.png

Usergroup Permissions:
Screenshot_17-59-21.png

So I just installed this, but I can't find template options to adjust to shoutbox's look. On our main style, we use white text on a dark background and the shoutbox is currently white-on-white. Please help.

Edit: Disregard, I found it, I edited Appearance > Styles > $STYLENAME > Style Property Groups > dark_taigachat_chatbox

Last edited:
Is there a way to keep this from claiming the /chat route and just use /shoutbox? I'm using an IRC plugin that used /chat (8WayRun XenHabla IRC) and after installing Taigachat, there were two tabs on my navbar (Chat and Shoutbox) but both were directed to TaigaChat. I was wondering if I could get them to peacefully coexist.

Is there a way to keep this from claiming the /chat route and just use /shoutbox? I'm using an IRC plugin that used /chat (8WayRun XenHabla IRC) and after installing Taigachat, there were two tabs on my navbar (Chat and Shoutbox) but both were directed to TaigaChat. I was wondering if I could get them to peacefully coexist.

A temporary fix would be to delete the route. Go to admin.php?route-prefixes/public/chat/edit (only accessible in debug mode) and delete it.

Is there a way to make the font bigger in the settings?
And you have an option to share when threads and posts are made, but is there a way you could also display when someone updates their status, with a Like & comment option? That would be amazing.

Also sometimes the scroller doesn't keep up 100% of the time. Using firefox. 1.5XF

A temporary fix would be to delete the route. Go to admin.php?route-prefixes/public/chat/edit (only accessible in debug mode) and delete it.

Isn't that what the ACP option is for?

ACP => Options => TaigaChat Pro => Primary Route

Selecting a primary route does not prevent it from still using the other route options you did not select as primary.

Hi,
from time to time I get this error:

Code:
ErrorException: file_put_contents(/var/www/data/taigachat/messages.html.7548012.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php:138
Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Samstag um 18:52 Uhr
Stapelverfolgung
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_put_conten...', '/var/www/librar...', 138, Array)
#1 /var/www/library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php(138): file_put_contents('/var/www/data/t...', '{"robots":"<met...', 2)
#2 /var/www/library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php(362): Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml(false, false)
#3 /var/www/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php(70): Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->updateActivity(0)
#4 /var/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionActivity()
#5 /var/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(43) "http://hexagonmc.eu/taigachat/activity.json"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I know it's a permissions problem, but "data" and "taigachat" are 777 already...

Just wanted to confirm (+1) a couple of issues that have been noted here and have occurred at my forum as well:
  1. The message you just entered does not display.
  2. A message will always appear last (most recent), despite newer messages appearing.
Both issues are resolved with a browser refresh.

Edit: I should also add that both issues occur intermittently.

Last edited:
eLo everyone,

Before buying this shoutbox I have a few questions I would like answered if possible.
My situation is I am sitting here trying to make a website and I have a dark theme, Twonkinfo as seen here.

- Will I be able to change the color of the shoutbox it self so I wont have a huge white square in the middle of the website.
- Will I be able to disable user selected colors, so users no longer will be able to choose different colors.
- Will I be able to choose a different standard color, as dark website I need a brighter (close to white) color
- Am I able apply different standard colors depending on ranking, lets say moderators has 1 special color, administrators has another and users a third, but they WONT be able to pick a color them self. Either a specific color to their username or text, doesnt matter.

Best regards Shamatix

Last edited:
I just updated xenforo to 1.5 and taigachat to 1.4.4 and taigachat is not working any more.

Nothing happens when I try to submit a message.
The smilies are not shown beneath the text field.
Old entries are not shown.

What might be wrong?

upload_2015-9-6_14-41-40.webp

Now I get following error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'taigachat.last_update' in 'where clause'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 175
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->getMessages() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 26
Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionList() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/clients/client5/web33/web/index.php at line 13

Now I get following error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'taigachat.last_update' in 'where clause'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 175
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->getMessages() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 26
Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionList() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/clients/client5/web33/web/index.php at line 13

Try uninstalling from the admin CP then re-installing the addon xml

Top Bottom