TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I think you should add in for the next version, a log feature where admins can go and look at Logs of the chat, beyond the limit the public can see on the forum.

I'd purchase this add-on in a heartbeat if it had the ability to exclude specific sections from appearing in the shoutbox when new threads/posts are created.

This is possible via the 'Forum activity permissions user' option (full power of the XF permission system to choose which nodes should generate activity messages)

Hi Guys any help with this? thanks

This is an issue with your custom style, but you can force a different colour within taigachat via this in EXTRA.css:

Code:
#taigachat_box a.username { color: #000; }

Just receiving an issue when trying to post in the chat box? it appears other users are fine but i'm getting this:

The following error occurred
file_put_contents(/home/mitchl/public_html/airbrushforum.org/data/taigachat/messages.html.1564120.tmp) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 122
  3. Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/Message.php at line 135
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_DataWriter_Message->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 261
  6. Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionPost() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mitchl/public_html/airbrushforum.org/index.php at line 13
Any idea how i can go about fixing this? It never used to happen now after coming back on the forum after 2 months it's just happening? help appreciated.. it is the pro version :)

Just receiving an issue when trying to post in the chat box? it appears other users are fine but i'm getting this:

The following error occurred
file_put_contents(/home/mitchl/public_html/airbrushforum.org/data/taigachat/messages.html.1564120.tmp) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 122
  3. Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/Message.php at line 135
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_DataWriter_Message->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 261
  6. Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionPost() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mitchl/public_html/airbrushforum.org/index.php at line 13
Any idea how i can go about fixing this? It never used to happen now after coming back on the forum after 2 months it's just happening? help appreciated.. it is the pro version :)

Make sure the /data/taigachat folder and its contents are writeable by PHP (e.g. chmod 777)

I'm curious if I buy this shoutbox, would I be able to replace my IRC chat on the RIGHT side of our website with this? or does it have to be on the forums?
www.lethalitygaming.com the IRC tab on the left that pulls out. Would like to add this there.

Hey! I just had accidentally used a wrong Archive thread ID (Thread ID that doesn't exist) but it had still archived the items to xf_post with the Archive thread ID that I had supplied.
I had noticed this before the Thread ID came to existance however, so they didn't appear in any thread, but obviously if there had been a thread with that ID at some point, it would've displayed the archive before the actual post by the user.

Just reporting for future reference, any chances it could check if the thread actually exists before it allows you to save the settings, or at least check before archiving that the thread actually exists?

hi, asked you on numerous occasions if you could add a "most chatters" ladder, that woukd show who has the most chats. in vbulletin we used to have chat comps I would reset the chats and then offer a prize for most chats in x days or weeks. was great for activity in the forum

seems someone has created an addon to your chatbox do this https://xenforo.com/community/threads/taigachat-pro-moderation-tools-paid.88068/

anychance you could add this to save paying for an extra addon addon? would be even better if you could have an overall chats ranking and also a separate one to see who chateed most in last x days or weeks

Great add-on! I love having it on my forum.

Could you please let me know the maximum users TaigaChat can handle in Speed Mode and HTTPS Compatibility Mode? Thanks.

A couple of questions:

1. We allow Guests/Unregistered to chat in the Shoutbox. Is there a way to mod it so (Mods/Admin) can see their ip addresses when they post or some other way to capture their ip's from the shoutbox via a log or at least a field in the database?
  2. We have a Global shoutbox. I need to restrict url/img posting abilities from Guests/Unregistered. I turned off speed mode and downloaded/installed a mod which allows me to turn off user group ability to post images/urls in the forums, but apparently it doesn't carry over to the shoutbox.
If anyone has any helpful suggestions, they would e much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm using Widget Framework. What is the position location I should use to put the chat beneath the node list instead of above?
I currently have:
hook:forum_list_nodes

I also seem to be having an issue.

The chat doesn't update until someone actually posts in it. For example, if you're having a conversation with someone, you can't see what they wrote until you write something. So if I say "hi" and then you say "hi" back. I cannot see your reply until I type in something else.

The whose in chat "Chat (0)" never seems to update.

And people that haven't typed anything into the chatbox cannot see any messages at all until they do so. Here's an example.
1180h9t.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom