TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I was wondering if this extra space before "Enter Message"-input field is truly desired kind of styling @Luke Foreman?
View attachment 61843

At least I get the feeling that one without the extra space could look a bit cleaner, of course I suppose it is just a matter of taste.
View attachment 61845

That's a minor css issue left over from before the responsive design was added, will sort in the next version or so

Hi there , is there a way to have the link to a new thread open in the same window rather then a new page ?
Just thinking there is no reason to have the user go to a new page , all in the same forum :)

This is due to xenforo bbcode parser behaviour, I'll see if there is anything that can be done to workaround it

I need a white background for the box. I found the template that has the code in dark_taigachat.css - the background color code is (I think):

#taigachat_box { height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; }

and also:

#taigachat_box li { /*background: @primaryLightest;*/ margin-bottom: 6px; }

My question is how can I get the backgroun to be white? The "lightest" happens to be the exact same color as my forum background and is not easy on the eyes everything gets lost in a big haze. I tried using background color codes @primaryWhite; and also @primaryLighterStill but it didn't change anything. The "Enter Message" box is white and that's what I'm aiming at for the actual box color too - how to do this?.

Just use normal css colours (e.g. #ffffff)

Just purchased and installed. This is a pretty sweet realtime chat addon,...
I have noticed one thing weird though,,,

Anyone have any idea why a member that logged out is still showing up in the members in chat widget?

It is very strange because he logged out an hour ago and other users are all coming and going in the chat but his username seems to be stuck 'in chat'.

Edit: It is happening with a couple members now, ...

Looks like some kind of caching time setting or something?
EDIT 2: Please excuse the bonehead... I just realized that it is probably because they closed the tab that had the site loaded but didn't close their taigachat popup window,
facepalm.gif

Just tested this and I guess it is not the case.. They are indeed staying logged into taigachat after logging off....

It's possible that logging out doesn't immediately remove them from the taigachat activity table (I will check this), though they should disappear after a max of 6 minutes

Bump^^^^^

Also if you pick a color from the color chooser there doesn't seem to be an option to reset your choice back to default. Am I just over looking something here?

I do want to mention all these little things I'm being fussy about aside, my community loves this software. It is quite awesome! :)

Currently there is no option to reset to the default colour (other than picking an equivalent custom colour), I'll add that soon

Does this Pro version support multiple instances? Because I'd love to have one shout box for admin only as well :)

Currently no, it would take some major changes to allow more than one instance overall. It's definitely still planned for the future though

where Would I change The Color of The Box Where You type Your Message?

You can adjust that with CSS, the selector is #taigachat_message

Also I have determined the cause of your speed mode issue - it seems to be a server quirk resulting in the speed mode html file being served with about half the content truncated. I'll add a workaround in a future release - for now you shouldn't have any issues just keeping it disabled.

Any ETA on when this will be released?

Also, if you really want to add value to the add-on, you should definitely implement a better archive system (something like what is seen in vbshout would be ideal). The current threaded archives are not ideal for several reasons; most importantly it is not possible to see recent chat history until the archive is posted (there are a couple of other minor issues for pedants, too, like the Archive thread popping up in the recent posts module all the time).

It's possible that logging out doesn't immediately remove them from the taigachat activity table (I will check this), though they should disappear after a max of 6 minutes

Currently there is no option to reset to the default colour (other than picking an equivalent custom colour), I'll add that soon

Thank you very much Luke!

Great job on this Addon BTW. I wasn't complaining, just pointing things that I noticed out.

I'll keep an eye out for updates. :)

@Luke Foreman I know it would cost extra resources from my server but is there a way I can update the activity table so it shows who has been active in the last 1 to 2 minutes instead of 6 or 10 or whatever it is?

I first really want to thank you again for such a great Product , and see you just have ton's of requests :)
The default light gray is hard to see , can the default colour be changed , or the background colour ?
I am sorry , as I just not sure where to look.

Attachments

• shout box.webp
    shout box.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 27
Hello, love the mod so far, works wonderfully. However, I have a couple people that aren't on unlimited data plans with their cell phone provider and they noticed that as soon as the chatbox was installed their data usage sky rocketed when accessing the forums from their phone. Is there a way to balance that a little ?

Hi @Luke Foreman few months ago were made some great suggestions you said will be included, but since then nearly half a year passed and they are still not included. Are those ever going to be included?

Also there is one feature I would love to see. Prevent all member classes to write with CAPS LOCK on. Or to use more than 3-4 letters with uppercase?

The last couple days I get this error:

array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "http://sjedbb.com/taigachat/list.json"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
["lastrefresh"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Does anyone recognise this?

I first really want to thank you again for such a great Product , and see you just have ton's of requests :)
The default light gray is hard to see , can the default colour be changed , or the background colour ?
I am sorry , as I just not sure where to look.
i also want to fix that problem tell me if you find that i really need to know what css rule it applies when it says "thread posted"

as for background color go to the theme u are on, go to its templates look for this template:
dark_taigachat.css

look for this line or something like this: #taigachat_box { height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; }

edit the background: part

so what mine looks like is this
#taigachat_box { height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: grey; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; }

after the background: you can use the word of the color u want or u post the color code of it #FCFCFF <- white

i also want to fix that problem tell me if you find that i really need to know what css rule it applies when it says "thread posted"

as for background color go to the theme u are on, go to its templates look for this template:
dark_taigachat.css

look for this line or something like this: #taigachat_box { height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; }

edit the background: part

so what mine looks like is this
#taigachat_box { height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: grey; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; }

after the background: you can use the word of the color u want or u post the color code of it #FCFCFF <- white

thx !!!!!

Good Day,

First of all, thank you for creating this wonderful Addon! I've purchased the full version of it and I'm very happy with it. I'm having 1 problem though. Whenever I click on the "Shoutbox" to go in fullscreen it doesn't show anything. It only shows me this: http://puu.sh/5MeOq.jpg
When using the Pop Out button it works perfectly find and as a widget it works just fine aswell!
When using another style instead of the Octane it works just fine aswell. Any idea what is wrong here?

I would love to hear from you again,

Kind Regards,

Sydney

Does anyone have a site that is using this that is really active that I can take a look at? I tried clicking some sites in signatures but could not find ones that had this installed.

Thanks

Does anyone have a site that is using this that is really active that I can take a look at? I tried clicking some sites in signatures but could not find ones that had this installed.

Thanks
You can see it on my site, site is in progress but everything works.
sjedbb.com

You can see it on my site, site is in progress but everything works.
sjedbb.com
Sorry, when I said "really active" I meant there were a lot of active users chatting and the chat scrolls continuously.

The ones I've been able to find only has one person chatting once every few minutes.

Top Bottom