TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I've been using the free version for a while and bought the pro version last night.

When trying to install on my test system I get this error. I've uninstalled the free version before installing pro.

Please enter a valid callback method (Dark_TaigaChat_EventListener_Listener::LoadClassDataWriter).

Figured it out. Had a brain fart and didn't upload the folders right.

Last edited:
Greetings. I am having a little trouble with Taigachat Pro.
When I have the chat minimized in the sidebar, everything is fine.
But when I click it to expand to a full bar, I can't see anything on the full bar (including what I typed).
Does anyone else have trouble with the chat text disappearing in full screen mode?
Thanks
(try it at fantasywritersguild.com - click the side bar title "the Underworld" to expand to full screen chat. Everything disappears!)

Please help!
Thanks,
Cupre

Addendum to above A simpler solution for me might be to just disable the ability to pull up a full screen chat bar by disabling the link to the full chat on the nav bar (ie disabling the link to the full chat that occurs when clicking on the sidebar widget - see image below.)
How much trouble would it be to disable that link? Can you please walk me through how to do it (what code to change)?

Thanks
Cupre

Attachments

• navtab.webp
    navtab.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 30
  • navbar2.webp
    navbar2.webp
    22 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi @Luke Foreman , I really prefer to have timestamp format - None for Shoutbox in sidebar as it saves some precious space, but sometimes it is very useful to know, what time was the last message posted to chat. That's why I wonder if it would be possible to show timestamp in tooltip (or something similar) when you hover over the chat message?

As far as I know, there is no option to show different timestamp format for sidebar, alternate and full view or am I wrong?

This can be done with template edits

@Luke Foreman I need your help here.

I have two issues with alternative view of TaigaChat Pro for XenPorta. Please see the attached screen:

Not sure where is the problem, but I really want to have the same nice styling for Shoutbox, which is by default for all other blocks. Is it issue on my side or with the block provided in TaigaChat Pro?

The second issue ish highlighted as well on the screen. How can I please extend the box for shouts? Is that position called alternate view? Where is the sidebar placed then? Because when I choose BBCode toolbar option in Full, Popup and Alternative views only, BB Code toolbar is still present it only disappears when I choose the option Full and Popup views only. Is that the only option to extend the box, disabling sidebar and alternate views?

EDIT: The above issue is solved now. I had the wrong block TaigaChatAlt placed in Sidebar instead of TaigaChat. But now 1 other issue appeared. When I enter MOTD, this is what I get:

MOTD is now not visible there as it is with black color and it is breaking the nice sidebar heading. I think it is some kind of bug this time.

Does this occur on the XF default style too? There are several custom themes which change/break the ability to have sub-headings on blocks

Can this be changed to reflect my own phrase and "not" be a clickable link?

You can remove the link by editing the template, and the phrase is dark_shoutbox

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I show the usergroup color in the shoutboxes page, the members online and members in chat should reflect the username color like the rest of the site?

Thanks
-Brandon

It should do this currently unless there is something different about how you have implemented group colours. It's working fine on my live site where group colours are added via the 'User Name CSS' field

Found a bug in this, that when you ban a person from the chat, it strips their content from being output to a thread for archiving... thus what they did / said can't be reviewed as a result.

Are you sure the messages were not manually deleted as well? I can't reproduce the bug from simply banning a user

Is there any ways to display the Message Tools for Guest but not allow them to post any message. As it is look awful when Guest unable to see the Message Tools if there is no permission...

Do you mean the BBcode toolbar and text input box? You could display these in a disabled format with template edits

Is it possible to have 12 hour timestamps (am/pm) when running the shoutbox in speed mode like it is with speed mode disabled?

Unfortunately no - this is one of the limitations of speed mode

Also, my site loads 50% faster with speed mode turned off....

This can occur if your server is not set to gzip .html files

I got it now thank you.
Now is it possible to remove/disable the Shoutbox/Chat category/node bar thing?

Also, how can I move my navbar links down? Like move the Chat navbar link down further on my navbar.

You can disable the navbar link with the option 'Add navbar tab' in the taigachat settings

XenForo lacks a user-friendly way to re-order addons' navbar tabs, though you can enable debug mode, go to admin cp > development > code event listeners and change the execution order of navigation hooks

Is there a way to disable timestamps when its in the sidebar but not when using the full version?

Having timestamps in the sidebar makes the formatting really off.

You can do this with css or a template edit to dark_taigachat_list using the condition {$taigachat.sidebar}

So, I'm disabling speed mode until a patch or solution is found, then.

Unrelated, could anyone offer some advice on how to modify the theme/templates so that the MOTD text is placed in a proper location on the main page (it works fine on the dedicated shoutbox page) with the theme Scroll?
Hbz6Eag.png

Looking at your site, the block header background image is a fixed height, so this is not a simple fix

Also I have determined the cause of your speed mode issue - it seems to be a server quirk resulting in the speed mode html file being served with about half the content truncated. I'll add a workaround in a future release - for now you shouldn't have any issues just keeping it disabled.

Greetings. I am having a little trouble with Taigachat Pro.
When I have the chat minimized in the sidebar, everything is fine.
But when I click it to expand to a full bar, I can't see anything on the full bar (including what I typed).
Does anyone else have trouble with the chat text disappearing in full screen mode?
Thanks
(try it at fantasywritersguild.com - click the side bar title "the Underworld" to expand to full screen chat. Everything disappears!)

Please help!
Thanks,
Cupre

There seems to be an assortment of issues with your site. Try re-uploading all taigachat files and reverting any modifications to taigachat templates. Also you seem to be including the sidebar version of taigachat on the full taigachat page - this will break things.

Thanks Luke! (Or should I say asdf?)
Reuploaded Taigachat Pro and disabled sidebar on the full screen page.
It's fixed now!
-Cupre

Ps - you're my first registered member!

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been discussed/requested/asked, but I remember seeing feature like we can tag a member's name in Taigachat, is that feature actually possible/exist?

Thank you :)

Just upgraded this, XF to 1.2.1 and got a new skin, now the mini shoutbox isnt above the forum view anymore... how do I fix that?

I get increased recently following error in the log

Code:
Fehlerinformation
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1107255870 bytes) - library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php:232
Erstellt von: Mr.Ed, Sonntag um 13:20
Stapelverfolgung
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.android-port.de/taigachat/list.json"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["lastrefresh"] => string(4) "2319"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I have two problems in the social style

1.) where can i change the color for B, I etc? (Picture 1)
bild1.webp
2.) Black Style, there are no Buttons (Picture 2)
bild2.webp

anyone have an idea where i can find this
Code:
<span class="mceIcon mce_bold"></span>
if i wanna replace this with one of font-awesome icons things get messed up

Last edited:
@Luke Foreman is it possible to translate this phrase?

"posted a new thread in"

TaigaChat.webp

I can not find it in .XML file. As you can see from the screenshot I was able to translate the phrase "posted a new thread in {forum}: {thread}.", but I am not able to find the other phrase. Can you please help me? Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been discussed/requested/asked, but I remember seeing feature like we can tag a member's name in Taigachat, is that feature actually possible/exist?

Thank you :)

Unfortunately that hasn't been added yet

How do I add a What's New button to the submenu in the shoutbox tab for members that want to jump to new threads?

You can add it in template dark_taigachat_links

I get increased recently following error in the log

Code:
Fehlerinformation
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1107255870 bytes) - library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php:232
Erstellt von: Mr.Ed, Sonntag um 13:20
Stapelverfolgung
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.android-port.de/taigachat/list.json"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["lastrefresh"] => string(4) "2319"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

That issue appears to have occurred outside of taigachat code - possibly triggered by another addon

Is it always the same URL noted in all instances of the error?

I have two problems in the social style

1.) where can i change the color for B, I etc? (Picture 1)
View attachment 56926
2.) Black Style, there are no Buttons (Picture 2)
View attachment 56927

1) You would need to manually recolour/invert styles/dark/icons.png
2) Have you reverted any edits to taigachat templates in this style? Are you running the latest taigachat version? The URL to the icons image was changed in a recent update

anyone have an idea where i can find this
Code:
<span class="mceIcon mce_bold"></span>
if i wanna replace this with one of font-awesome icons things get messed up

The bbcode toolbar html can be found under the option 'BBCode buttons'

@Luke Foreman is it possible to translate this phrase?

"posted a new thread in"

I can not find it in .XML file. As you can see from the screenshot I was able to translate the phrase "posted a new thread in {forum}: {thread}.", but I am not able to find the other phrase. Can you please help me? Thanks!

The phrase is dark_posted_new_thread_in_x_x

Top Bottom