TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

It's a site-wide configuration option. You can also archive the chat discussions to a thread and you can either make that thread publicly available or if you make it private, you can go back and copy the relevant messages into a new post manually.

-Zeras
Did I miss this option in the ACP? I see the archive in a thread option, but I don't see how you can enable scrolling up past the max amount of messages in the Box.

Last edited:
I guys, wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

Im using version 1.2.0 taigachat pro, along with the bd widget framework.

I have the shoutbox in my sidebar using hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel, and it works well. However, i also have the option enabled to display a navbar link.

When I click the link to view the shoutbox in full view, the shoutbox still appears in the "sideview" and the full view shoutbox appears empty

shout.webp .

So my question, how can i set it so the sidebar view does not appear in the full view window ?

I guys, wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

Im using version 1.2.0 taigachat pro, along with the bd widget framework.

I have the shoutbox in my sidebar using hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel, and it works well. However, i also have the option enabled to display a navbar link.

When I click the link to view the shoutbox in full view, the shoutbox still appears in the "sideview" and the full view shoutbox appears empty

View attachment 54645 .

So my question, how can i set it so the sidebar view does not appear in the full view window ?
In your sidebar shoutbox widget, Expression Field:
PHP:
$contentTemplate != dark_taigachat_full

Does anyone know how i can fix the icon so that it will show the image for the smilies i checked in my FTP Server and followed the path and looked at the image and it is their and working fine when looking at the image from the FTP Server but when looking at the chat it looks how it does in the pic. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Thanks
does anyone know?

Did I miss this option in the ACP? I see the archive in a thread option, but I don't see how you can enable scrolling up past the max amount of messages in the Box.
You mentioned the 30-message limit and I said that's a site-wide configuration option. Meaning, you can set it to be larger for all users. There is a setting for the embedded version, Visible messages, and one for the full version, Visible messages (Full). I said it was site-wide because it's not a per-user setting.

All chat systems have a cut-off of some kind when it comes to message retention. I think it's great that TCP gives you the option to set your own limits!

-Zeras

does anyone know?
Usually when an image does not show up on a page it either means that 1) it's not there or in the right location or 2) it does not have the correct ownership and/or permissions (linux). If you are running Chrome, right click on the image and click "Open image in new tab" to see if you can view the image directly.

-Zeras

You mentioned the 30-message limit and I said that's a site-wide configuration option. Meaning, you can set it to be larger for all users. There is a setting for the embedded version, Visible messages, and one for the full version, Visible messages (Full). I said it was site-wide because it's not a per-user setting.

All chat systems have a cut-off of some kind when it comes to message retention. I think it's great that TCP gives you the option to set your own limits!

-Zeras
I'm not familiar with chat systems, so bear with me on this: If the message is set to 30, you will NEVER be able to see any message that's 31-infinity, correct? No possible way to read them if you missed out on it?

I'm not familiar with chat systems, so bear with me on this: If the message is set to 30, you will NEVER be able to see any message that's 31-infinity, correct? No possible way to read them if you missed out on it?
The messages may still be in your database .. I am not sure what TCP does with them if there is no archive thread defined. If they are, defining an archive thread may still work for those messages.

If you set it to archive to a thread, you can go back and read them at any time. If the thread where you archive the chat messages is publicly viewable, then all users can go back and read the chat later.

You have to keep in mind that forums are for ongoing and at-your-own-pace discussions between users while chats are more about real-time discussions. Most older chat systems never archived chat messages, but some chat systems (not all) developed in recent years have added archiving support. I think the TCP archive-to-thread method is great.

If you are having a chat event such as real-time/live blogging, you could consider increasing the "View messages" settings during the event. I am sure the more messages that are viewable though, the more of a performance hit it will cause though on a fast server it may not be that noticeable.

-Zeras

The messages may still be in your database .. I am not sure what TCP does with them if there is no archive thread defined. If they are, defining an archive thread may still work for those messages.

If you set it to archive to a thread, you can go back and read them at any time. If the thread where you archive the chat messages is publicly viewable, then all users can go back and read the chat later.

You have to keep in mind that forums are for ongoing and at-your-own-pace discussions between users while chats are more about real-time discussions. Most older chat systems never archived chat messages, but some chat systems (not all) developed in recent years have added archiving support. I think the TCP archive-to-thread method is great.

If you are having a chat event such as real-time/live blogging, you could consider increasing the "View messages" settings during the event. I am sure the more messages that are viewable though, the more of a performance hit it will cause though on a fast server it may not be that noticeable.

-Zeras
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. I'll setup the archive thread.

I'm getting this error in IE:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'flashTitle' of undefined or null reference
taigachat.js, line 179 character 3

Didn't see if it was reported or not (not looking) but when I type in the chatbox, it ends up being someone elses font color.

Hey,

I have changed my Host, and now Taigachat is not working anymore :(

Code:
file_put_contents(/home/admin/domains/myforum/public_html/data/taigachat/messages.html.1681851.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied

data and internal Data have Permission 755, please help. :(

//

Code:
    XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 122
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/Message.php at line 134
    Dark_TaigaChat_DataWriter_Message->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 65
    Dark_TaigaChat_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 477
    XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_saveFirstMessageDw() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 426
    XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 678
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in SimplePortal/Extend/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 26
    SimplePortal_Extend_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/myforum/public_html/index.php at line 13

Minor bug. If you're using debug mode and not XF 1.2, you get a CSS error:
zpNE172.png
and how to fix it??

Top Bottom