TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Luke F

Notes:

Template hooks:

The following template hooks can be used anywhere in XenForo templates or pages:

• dark_taigachat - sidebar shoutbox widget
  • dark_taigachat_alt - full-width, reduced-height shoutbox designed to be used above or below an existing page such as the homepage node list
  • dark_taigachat_online_users - 'members in chat' sidebar widget, requires one of the other hooks on the same page to auto-update
  • dark_taigachat_fake - invisible and non-functional shoutbox intended for auto-updating the online users widget
  • dark_taigachat_full - the full shoutbox page, intended for use via multi-room support on XF Pages or similar
Syntax is as follows:

Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" />

Multi-room feature:

Since 1.3.0, basic support for multiple rooms is available. This will likely be expanded upon in the future, but it is a low-priority feature and currently only limited support will be provided for it.

The following non-exhaustive list of caveats currently apply:
  • No separate permissions, though you can use node permissions for basic security
  • No separate activity
  • No separate MOTD, though you could workaround this with template edits
  • No archive support
  • Forum message notifications only appear in the main room
  • Speed mode is forced off in all secondary rooms
To create secondary rooms, simply add the room parameter to any taigachat hook like so:

Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_full" params="{xen:array 'room=2'}" />

'1' is the main room, and is the default if no room is specified.

One possible usage is to use the dark_taigachat_full hook as above in a XF Page under the 'Template HTML' field.

Another possible usage is a per-forum shoutbox, which could be achieved by adding this to template forum_view:

Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" params="{xen:array 'room={$forum.node_id}'}" />

Last edited:
Same Forsaken. Has everything I would possibly need. All issues I found addressed immediately, Dark has always provided exceptional support. Impatiently saving now. Hahahaha.

Purchased.

I am not able to import the widget. I get this error.
lgNqc.png

This error is also popping up.
Code:
Server Error

Constant BDBANK_PREFIX already defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
define() in bdBank/Listeners.php at line 8
bdBank_Listeners::init_dependencies()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 180
XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 86
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 267
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->updateActivity() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 89
Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

Love all the changes & new features!

One thing I noticed though was it doesn't seem the shoutbox loads the chat at the bottom, but rather somewhere in the middle. What I mean is on page load it loads like so:
y8ANG.png

Instead of at the bottom where the most recent messages are:
J8UOK.png

It does this on the full view as well. Tried it in a different browser and got the same behavior. Is this due to the new speed-mode or something? The free version I currently have installed loads showing the most recent messages / is scrolled to the bottom on page load. Is this an isolated issue only I'm having? At any rate I'm definitely hoping to purchase this soon, but would love it if this scroll issue wasn't present.

While I'm on the subject of minor issues, the input field for the message goes out of the container when the browser window is re-sized. I noticed though the width is set on page load depending on the window size so this might be a non-issue.
l9M7K.png

I can confirm there is an error message when you select a color from the overlay. Tested this on your forum:
taiga.webp

Top Bottom