TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Hey Luke. Just recently bought your great TaigaChat Pro add-on and it's everything my forum needs. Just one issue.

Since the forum is a work environment, I need to restrict members not part of a certain user group from viewing certain boards. This is easily achieved through setting user group permissions for individual nodes, however, when this is done, new threads and replies no longer show up in the shoutbox.

Is there any way I can get private nodes activity to display in the shoutbox? Thanks in advance

Hi.
How can I add this to a page please
That depends on whether you are using the [bd] Widget Framework or not and also where exactly you want it. Most want to place it on the forum homepage so I am assuming you want to do the same. The following instructions will only work for users not using the [bd] Widget Framework.

1. Open the Admin Control Panel
  2. Click on the Appearance tab
  3. Click on Templates
  4. Find and click on the forum_list template. (use Ctrl + S to search and find it easily)
  5. Once again use Ctrl + S to search for the line <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" />
  6. If you want the Shoutbox above every board on your forum, add <xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" /> above that line you just searched for.
  7. If you want the Shoutbox below every board on your forum, add <xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" /> below that line you just searched for.

Here is an example of my forum_list with the required modification highlighted.

3gLCpCe.png

how do you un-ban people from the chat
    You have to access the Admin control panel, click on the Users tab, click on User Permissions in the sidebar, select the user from the list, then scroll down to the Taiga chat permissions section and edit it accordingly. See below.

csAqywj.png

Last edited:
For some reason our users are able to send blank messages into shout box. Simply hit one space via space bar and send with the enter key:

2QJONj5.png

Anyway to prevent this @Luke F

Sorry noob question alert.........Taigachat pro

I've uploaded the contents of the upload folder to to the root but when I try to install it with the .xml I get an error stating the add-on could not be found. Any suggestions? Could somebody please tell me exactly which folders/files should be in the root directory?

Sorry noob question alert.........Taigachat pro

I've uploaded the contents of the upload folder to to the root but when I try to install it with the .xml I get an error stating the add-on could not be found. Any suggestions? Could somebody please tell me exactly which folders/files should be in the root directory?

You obviously not uploaded it correctly to your root/server.. that's why your getting an error when installing the xml file to the your site..

make sure you click on the folder public_html then add the files
To the root this should fix your problem :)

Quick question -- I have a bot account setup to post the activity announcements in the chatbox; however, I'd like to use this same bot to post messages from an RSS feed in a forum setup for that purpose. The problem with this is that each time it fetches articles it then posts the activity in the chatbox, which is essentially spamming its' own threads with each fetch. Is it possible to exclude the publically available RSS posts from the forum activity of the chatbox? Any help there would be greatly appreciated!

There is a beautiful option to announce new threads/posts in the chat. But how can I exclude private nodes from announcements?

Do you have an account setup to post the forum activity? If so, is it an Administrative account? If the account in question has access to the private forums/nodes, then it will post those (from my understanding) as if they were in public forums. You're better off setting up a bot account and setting it to have no viewing permissions on private nodes. Again, based purely on my own understanding, I may be completely off-base, but that is how my own chatbox is presently setup for forum activity messages.

Do you have an account setup to post the forum activity? If so, is it an Administrative account? If the account in question has access to the private forums/nodes, then it will post those (from my understanding) as if they were in public forums. You're better off setting up a bot account and setting it to have no viewing permissions on private nodes. Again, based purely on my own understanding, I may be completely off-base, but that is how my own chatbox is presently setup for forum activity messages.
I verified this. It turned out that I made a mistake and gave a non-existing user ID. Somehow it provided a full forum access to TaigaChat.

Anyway, I changed ID to 0 (guest) and now it doesn't announce new threads in private nodes.

Thanks for advice!

Hi @Luke F
Love the chatroom and so do my users. I'm one of the folks who would like a sound when someone posts to the chatbox. Is this something you are considering? I notice it's been asked a few times but I can't seem to find the response, apologies if I missed it.
Thanks!

So I got a new laptop and tried to download this (I purchased it a while back) and I'm not able to anymore. How can I re-download it?

http://i.imgur.com/2VPPyI7.png

Sorry for the very slow response, I have re-sent a version to you now that should be downloadable on gmail

Hello,
I have paid but didn't receive the mail, my email paid: nhule9279@gmail.com thank you
I have re-sent it to nhule9279@gmail.com now

Hi @Luke F
Love the chatroom and so do my users. I'm one of the folks who would like a sound when someone posts to the chatbox. Is this something you are considering? I notice it's been asked a few times but I can't seem to find the response, apologies if I missed it.
Thanks!

You can find a third party addition that adds sound here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/taigachat-pro-alert-sound-notification.2365/

There have been a few changes since it was originally developed, if you check the second page of its thread I have posted the necessary changes that should get it working

on one of my themes its works fine but my other theme its no where to be found? its all installed properly any idea why this might be happening?

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'taigachat.domain_id' in 'where clause'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/TaigaChat/TaigaChat.php at line 57
  6. XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_TaigaChat_TaigaChat->getMessages() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 26
  7. Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionList() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/bw/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom