TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I'm keep going with small suggestions ^^ :
When new messages are displayed at the bottom and a new message is post, it's not visible because the scrollbar didn't move at the bottom (like it does when the page is reloaded).

About permissions, same "problem" as above when the prune cmd is executed (ok with primary group/not ok with secondary group)

And last thing (I think ;)) can you add an option to disable the MOTD?
If it's blank, this html code(...):
HTML:
<blockquote class="nodeDescription baseHtml">
<span id="taigachat_motd"></span>
</blockquote>
(...) will still be there and the height of the category will not exactly the same than the others of the forum.

Edit:
In a future version (not now) could you also use your color picker for the bbcode color? It's quite hard to remember hexa values ;)

I can't seem to be able to to post anything into the chat after I upgraded to the Pro version.. Seems like a problem with JS to me, I tried re uploading everything and still no go. Note: I run on HTTPS... http://d.pr/i/T1z7

And last thing (I think ;)) can you add an option to disable the MOTD?
If it's blank, this html code(...):
HTML:
<blockquote class="nodeDescription baseHtml">
<span id="taigachat_motd"></span>
</blockquote>
(...) will still be there and the height of the category will not exactly the same than the others of the forum.

Added to 1.0.1 fixes

I'm keep going with small suggestions ^^ :
When new messages are displayed at the bottom and a new message is post, it's not visible because the scrollbar didn't move at the bottom (like it does when the page is reloaded).

Fixed in 1.0.1

When can we expect receiving the 1.0.1 version by mail ? Messages are not displayed.

Very shortly, just getting through these last minute bug reports

About permissions, same "problem" as above when the prune cmd is executed (ok with primary group/not ok with secondary group)

I'd be very tempted to say it's a bug in XenForo itself - despite the permission checking code being identical to XF itself and countless other addons (standardizeViewingUserReference then XenForo_Permission::hasPermission), there's always this secondary/primary group issue for some people. I never see it on my own test or live forums though.

I can't seem to be able to to post anything into the chat after I upgraded to the Pro version.. Seems like a problem with JS to me, I tried re uploading everything and still no go. Note: I run on HTTPS... http://d.pr/i/T1z7

Added a workaround for this to 1.0.1

I would call it a xenforo bug though, the method used to detect https doesn't even work here on xenforo.com (though it has largely no effect on vanilla XF)

With secondary usergroups permissions the variable $user of that function: public function canEditMotd(array $user = null) is... null. I don't get why. And even I pass the array of the $visitor object the permissions are only for the primary group. Strange.

Edit1: it was null because the dump was done before the "standardizeViewingUserReference". But it sill only takes primary group permissions.

Edit2: it's working with XenForo options but not with this addon
=>the $visitor object has the parameter "permission_combination_id" which is a reference inside the table `xf_permission_combination`. Its content corresponds to the $visitor['permissions'] ; so the problem is before.

Updated to 1.0.1, and I still don't see the message typed... Rebooted my server, cleared browser cache, no error in js console, config by default, tried even to reinstall, don't know what to do. Is it really a paid add-don ? Sorry be harsh, but I would have expected a working add-on when I've bought this product. :confused:

Updated to 1.0.1, and I still don't see the message typed... Rebooted my server, cleared browser cache, no error in js console, config by default, tried even to reinstall, don't know what to do. Is it really a paid add-don ? Sorry be harsh, but I would have expected a working add-on when I've bought this product. :confused:

Please PM me a link to your forum and admin CP details.

Until this is resolved, you can try disabling Speed mode

I have a suggestion. If possible, show the user names of those who are in the chatbox when not using full page view.

Either use [bd] Widget Framework or add this to forum_list sidebar:

Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat_widget_online" />

I have the same problem. No chats are shown on page refresh until you first post a chat.

Disabling Speed Mode seems to have fixed the issue.

I have the same problem. No chats are shown on page refresh until you first post a chat.

Disabling Speed Mode seems to have fixed the issue.

Probably a file permissions issue, try chmod 777 /data/taigachat and any files within the folder

If /data/taigachat doesn't exist, create it first

I confirm that if I disable the the speed option it works fine.
Looking at /data/taigachat, I see well the .html file updated. After some tests, it seems the options to change delays are totally ignored, it updates always like each 10 seconds, no matter I do (changing tag, focusing another software, etc.). Do you still need to see my forum ?

Chat ban also doesn't appear to be working. After clicking it it just redirects me to the homepage.

Chat ban also doesn't appear to be working. After clicking it it just redirects me to the homepage.

That is normal behaviour - you should see a message pop down saying the ban was successful before the redirect.

To ensure the ban applied, you can check Admin CP > Users > User Permissions

Also ignored users chats should not show up period.

IMO this doesn't accomplish much.

ignore.webp

That is normal behaviour - you should see a message pop down saying the ban was successful before the redirect.

To ensure the ban applied, you can check Admin CP > Users > User Permissions
Nope I've tried banning a number of people and test accounts, nothing seems to be happening.

Top Bottom