TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I had to downgrade because the shoutbox is broken

What exactly is not working? Are there any errors in the XF error log?

The most common issues for people updating to 1.4.x have been outdated templates, incorrectly uploaded PHP/JS files, and addons that enhance taigachat such as hearts or rooms

Speed mode is on, and yeah it's tripping out pretty bad, if you refresh it goes okay for a while

Could you PM me a link to your site and a test account to log in with to see the chat?

ahh i don't know if i should upgrade.. i need bubbles to work same seems like speed mode has broken some features of SB?

Nothing has changed that could affect the behaviour of speed mode towards alert bubbles.

TaigaChat in speed mode will behave like a normal XF page - i.e. alerts will only be displayed via other AJAX methods within XF
With speed mode disabled, alerts will be fetched with every TaigaChat AJAX call and will be displayed almost immediately.

This is the same behaviour as 1.3.0 and earlier

I'm not seeing the users in chat count on the navbar tab; my options are shown below. I'm using a UI.X theme, but I don't see the count using the default theme either... Am I doing something wrong?

View attachment 99902

Sounds like library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/NavigationTabs.php has not been updated

An issue like that persisting across addon reinstallations indicates outdated dark_taigachat templates that need to be merged/reverted, or possibly the new PHP files not correctly uploaded (though in the latter case you would likely see errors in the XF error log)

Still no luck Luke... I cant find any error logs on my XF log (from admin panel) .. the templates never been change or nothing need to be revert in taigachat_* templates .. should I reinstall ?

Still no luck Luke... I cant find any error logs on my XF log (from admin panel) .. the templates never been change or nothing need to be revert in taigachat_* templates .. should I reinstall ?
Can you PM me a link to your shoutbox and test account details?

Since Lukes getting hammered with support requests.. I thought id inject some good news on this particular page.. The latest version of Taigachat is working on my site flawlessly in SSL compatibility mode.. I was never impressed with the lite version even when it was the only version and was not a big hit on my site.. The shoutbox used to sit idol for days on end, so i finally dropped it and forgot all about it until visiting TAZ and was impressed with how they implemented the option and made it a active member perk.. I finally decided to give it another shot and was impressed enough with the pro features that i figured it was worth chancing the price tag on the possibility my members may or may not use it.. I figured if the members didn't find a fun use for it moderators certainly could so nothing lost.. At any rate i'm happy as punch to announce the Shoutbox is a relative success.. Nothing crazy but its doing what its supposed to and reengaging members and keeping them on site just that much longer.. So just wanted to inject a post that didn't require a reply. :)

I just verified that all current versions of the files have been uploaded, but I'm still not seeing it... Nor is the "users in chat" box populating or updating. Chat itself is working fine.

Was the users in chat box working previously?

Was the users in chat box working previously?

I've had this addon disabled for some time, but I do recall it working previously. I've uninstalled, did a fresh install and made sure all the files are freshly uploaded...

The chat function works perfectly - I get no errors or any template anomalies; the users chatting box and number chatting indicator simply don't update at all.

I can PM you some admin details if/whenever you have time - This isn't high priority, but would be nice to track down the cause at some point.

That would be great - I've seen the issue on another site now and would like to find the cause

Currently after upgrading to the latest version, my shoutbox does not work. I cannot send any shouts or see any shouts.

- Ensure the PHP/JS files are uploaded correctly
- Merge/revert any dark_taigachat templates
- Update or disable any 3rd party taigachat pro addons such as rooms or hearts

this reminds me i have these 3 add ones installed for SB
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tagging-users-in-shoutbox-deleted.70158/ - adds a tag button next to each users name in the chat (when clicked on it auto fills the users name with @ EG @XxUnkn0wnxX)
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/message-when-user-is-banned-from-shoutbox-paid-deleted.71002/ - when a moderator bans a user the command /me is used followed by the ban message and the user who is banned (EG XxUnkn0wnxX: has banned Smith)
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/clear-shoutbox-automatically-deleted.70533/ - adds a button for the /prune command near the BBCODES

now these have been deleted but i still have them. i'm not sure if any of the code will mess with the update when i get to it..

i find the Tagging users button & the message that broadcast when a specified users is banned so every one knows who is banned.. would be nice if these where integrated into the actual SB

some of these features are good.. and what else would be good if a proper banning system was implemented into SB.. kinds like Xenforo has it built in. but one specified for SB EG set ban time, expiration dates or Perma Ban
+ a list that shows every one who is shout box banned, only seen by those who have Shoutbox banning perms.

i have attached the add-ons to this message.. since they have been deleted and the author seems to be long gone, i believe there is no issue for me to post these.. but if there is i will remove them or one of the xenforo staff.

the add-on-tag is not a waindigo add-on i exported it from my own installation. and i have waindigo's install & upgrade plugin so it does use xenforo default procedure for exporting add ons it uses his plugin and packaging..

Attachments

Last edited:
between members

[edit] both if possible :)

I'm sorry but I don't see that being a feasible addition, it's way beyond the scope of TaigaChat

Multiple rooms are in my list of things for the future, but honestly I wouldn't get my hopes up

Unfortunately after the long time this is still no feature of the Chat. :-(

It looks nice, integrates realy good, but my users need this feature and don´t want to loose it.

this reminds me i have these 3 add ones installed for SB
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tagging-users-in-shoutbox-deleted.70158/ - adds a tag button next to each users name in the chat (when clicked on it auto fills the users name with @ EG @XxUnkn0wnxX)
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/message-when-user-is-banned-from-shoutbox-paid-deleted.71002/ - when a moderator bans a user the command /me is used followed by the ban message and the user who is banned (EG XxUnkn0wnxX: has banned Smith)
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/clear-shoutbox-automatically-deleted.70533/ - adds a button for the /prune command near the BBCODES

now these have been deleted but i still have them. i'm not sure if any of the code will mess with the update when i get to it..

i find the Tagging users button & the message that broadcast when a specified users is banned so every one knows who is banned.. would be nice if these where integrated into the actual SB

some of these features are good.. and what else would be good if a proper banning system was implemented into SB.. kinds like Xenforo has it built in. but one specified for SB EG set ban time, expiration dates or Perma Ban
+ a list that shows every one who is shout box banned, only seen by those who have Shoutbox banning perms.

i have attached the add-ons to this message.. since they have been deleted and the author seems to be long gone, i believe there is no issue for me to post these.. but if there is i will remove them or one of the xenforo staff.

the add-on-tag is not a waindigo add-on i exported it from my own installation. and i have waindigo's install & upgrade plugin so it does use xenforo default procedure for exporting add ons it uses his plugin and packaging..

if any one has any of these addons can any one confirm they still work with the current version? - or any issues they may cause? such as should i disable/uninstall first b4 upgrade

if any one has any of these addons can any one confirm they still work with the current version? - or any issues they may cause? such as should i disable/uninstall first b4 upgrade
Looked through them briefly - they will all be broken and need updating to work with TaigaChat Pro 1.4.0 or above

I don't think disabling/removing them before the upgrade will be important

Last edited:
Top Bottom