TaigaChat - AJAX Shoutbox [Deleted]

How can I make the shoutbox maintitle had same as my categories so it blends? Also a way to wrap it in box like categories/forums has? Just wanting to get it to blend exactly same as forums :p

Attachments

• 123.webp
    123.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 138
Yeah, I realise I can do that - I should have probably been more specific - Is there any way for my moderators/admins to "kick" someone from within the chat window itself?

Don't want to get too irc style. Also if you modify the permissions it will have immediate effect without them having to refresh or anything

Don't want to get too irc style. Also if you modify the permissions it will have immediate effect without them having to refresh or anything

Thanks. I was thinking more of my moderators being able to kick immediately from the chat window if someone kicks off or starts trolling and winding up the other chat room members - it's something we had on our IP.Chat when we were on IP.Board Suite so wondered if it was available, but no worries if not.

Mods don't have permission to change user settings and I'm not around much during working hours so it would be a handy feature to have if you're open to future feature suggestions ... maybe a 15 min. kick or something like that? ... (y)

Another couple of things I'd like to ask:

Can I remove all of the "chat" from the window/logs in order to start with a "fresh" chatroom once I open it up to my membership?

Can I limit the maximum number of people in the chatroom at once?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Truncate the dark_taigachat table in the database.

It's not possible to limit the number of participants.

Hey :) First of all I love the chat. It's very popular on my forums ^^

Second, I have a 'small' issue with the pop-up version.

Nothing is shown in it - and I tried all types of browsers.

It looks like this:

shoutbox.gif

The small white line at the top is the actual chat - just nothing more shows.

I am not sure if it's a styling issue or not - but the normal chat - and the chat page itself works fine.

Thanks =)

Check the CSS template to make sure you haven't accidentally removed the height or turned everything black: Appearance > Templates > dark_taigachat.css

The popup elements are near the end of the file - see how they compare to mine (which are the default ones):

Code:
/*.taigachat_popup_body { height: 100%; }*/
.taigachat_popup { padding: 0; height: 100%; margin: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; bottom: 0; right: 0;  }
.taigachat_popup > div { height: 100%; margin: -20px 0 0 0; padding: 10px 0; border-bottom: 0;  }
.taigachat_popup #taigachat_box { height: auto !important; position: absolute; top: 40px; left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 10px; width: auto !important; }
.taigachat_popup #taigachat_controls { position: absolute; left: 10px; right: 10px; top: 10px; }
.taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { top: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 30px; }
.taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 10px; top: auto; }
.taigachat_toolbar_enabled .taigachat_popup #taigachat_box { top: 70px; }
.taigachat_toolbar_enabled .taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { bottom: 60px; top: 10px; }
.taigachat_popup .taigachat_credit { display: none }

Cheers,
Shaun :D

You have height: auto !important; set for .taigachat_popup #taigachat_box.

Effectively that is compressing the content into a single line at the top.

chat.webp

Hey, I installed taigachat and everything but I got stuck to the part where you have to add:

Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>

either above or before

Code:
<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>

like so:

Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
        <xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
        <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
</xen:hook>

However it still does not appea onto my forum page

EDIT: Im using Aurora style with Xenporta

Are any of your Taigachat templates showing as customised?

Here's my customised CSS template which works, it may be of some use.

It looks like this.

chat.webp

Attachments

Paul, is your chat working in reverse - top to bottom? I like the idea of that, is it fairly easy to do?

It's an option in the ACP :)

Reverse direction
Tick for latest message at the bottom, untick for latest message at the top.

Top Bottom