XF 1.2 Tagging issues

ineedhelp

I am unable to tag members on my site who's username has only 2 characters.

Also, the suggestion box seems a little slow and sluggish when appearing.

Suggestions should appear soon as you type the second character of someone's username. It would also be good to have a permission for this so Admins can set how they'd like the tag to function.

Tagging should also work in profiles.

Anyway to fix this or will this be sorted in the next release?

Did you manually create the user? Right now, the tagging system uses the minimum username length to determine what could be taggable. (Which is 3 characters by default.)

Not tagging with leading and trailing punctuation is by designed and generally required as we need to detect exact username references.

Did you manually create the user? Right now, the tagging system uses the minimum username length to determine what could be taggable. (Which is 3 characters by default.)

Not tagging with leading and trailing punctuation is by designed and generally required as we need to detect exact username references.
I didn't manually create the user. Is there anyway to change the default from 3 to 2 characters?

Sometimes people make mistake when typing so it would be handy if tagging would still work if someone types a trailing punctuation. I believe the TagMe add-on allows this.

Also will tagging in profiles be coming up?

I've changed the minimum for the next beta.

Some trailing punctuation is allowed - commas, semi colons, etc. I may add "-" to it, but I don't think I'd add "_". An add-on could customize this if they wanted to.

If you want to see tagging in profiles, there's already a suggestion for it. Like the first post. :)

Well then
I've changed the minimum for the next beta.

Some trailing punctuation is allowed - commas, semi colons, etc. I may add "-" to it, but I don't think I'd add "_". An add-on could customize this if they wanted to.

If you want to see tagging in profiles, there's already a suggestion for it. Like the first post. :)
@Mike, regarding trailing punctuation I would suggest that "-" isn't included if it would cause problems with usernames that do end in "-". Gaming communities often ask for the username to match the gaming ID and adding a dash at the end of the gaming ID is common if the original has already been used.

Top Bottom