XF 1.5 Tag users and recieve alerts

Gui_

Hey there! As the titles states I am looking for a plugin in which you can do the @<name> and it will tag them while also sending them an alert to notify them the user has tagged them

No add-on needed @Gui_ - this is built in (as potentially demoed by this).
Oh, Right. Also, I've installed 2 addons, One being alert improvements by Xon I belive and his other one called User mention improvements. They both do not send alerts when tagged/commenting on a page?

EDIT: Solved!

Last edited:
In case anyone else is looking for the answer, here's how I solved it:

Users were not being alerted when tagged in a message. This was due to how User Group Permissions were set when imported from vBulletin.

To fix this, go to User Group Permissions, and look under General Permissions. There is a setting for "Maximum mention alerts per message." On my forum, this was set at "0" for each user group. When I changed this to a number higher than zero, users would receive the alerts when tagged.

Mine is set to 5 and users still don't get alerts.

In case anyone else is looking for the answer, here's how I solved it:

Users were not being alerted when tagged in a message. This was due to how User Group Permissions were set when imported from vBulletin.

To fix this, go to User Group Permissions, and look under General Permissions. There is a setting for "Maximum mention alerts per message." On my forum, this was set at "0" for each user group. When I changed this to a number higher than zero, users would receive the alerts when tagged.

Top Bottom