Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support

Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support [Paid] 2.5.7

No permission to buy (£35.00)
I get this AdminCP error from time to time. Any idea what the cause is and how I can fix it?

Code:
Server error log

InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'ParenTag' on AVForums\TagEssentials:TagSynonym[258, 1942] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194

Generated by: Member012 Apr 5, 2020 at 5:39 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('ParenTag')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s31/public/avForumsTagEss_tag_preview.php(94): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('ParenTag')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#3 src/addons/AL/RMSFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(95): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('avForumsTagEss_...', Array, true)
#4 src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/XF/Template/Templater.php(89): AL\RMSFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:avForums...', Array, true)
#5 src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/XF/Template/Templater.php(110): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:avForums...', Array, true)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:avForums...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('AVForums\\TagEss...', 'public:avForums...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('AVForums\\TagEss...', 'public:avForums...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(181) "/tags/22-lr/preview?_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2Fanyone-else-using-a-die.305152%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1586090346%2C3163ede5e6e4f9182262a9f478ab9adc&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(84) "https://www.domain.com/threads/anyone-else-using-a-die.305152/"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["/tags/22-lr/preview"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(51) "/threads/anyone-else-using-a-die.305152/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1586090346,3163ede5e6e4f9182262a9f478ab9adc"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Looks like a typo of ParenTag instead of ParentTag in the avForumsTagEss_tag_preview template

Is there any way to delete all existing Wiki descriptions for tags?
This SQL will do it;
SQL:
update xf_tag
set tagess_wiki_last_edit_date = 0, 
tagess_wiki_last_edit_user_id = 0, 
tagess_wiki_last_edit_count = 0,
tagess_wiki_tagline = null, 
tagess_wiki_description = null;

Minor thing.... when viewing the "View Information" and "Top Users" tab of the tags page the breadcrumb is missing the the "Tags" level. Just checked at AVF to make sure it wasn't me.

1587675650656.webp1587675686805.webp1587675882395.webp

How did it work for old threads?
Can I run a cron (for example) to create auto tags for them?

With threads that already had existed tags, it can create duplicated tags? or adding new auto tags for them?
This would be really a useful function. In reality too me I thought was included in the addon because it was written in this way:

Batch update threads to add the ability to
  • find threads with specific tags
  • add tags to/remove tags from the resulting threads

Is it possible to add it? 😟 Because in each forum there are many threads without the tags, so sure would be really appreciated from all to have the opportunity to have this in the plugin that seems made well in reality but I have just installed few hours ago so I'm test it. But this function is really important. In the end the plugin should run a simple query that solve the problem.

Last edited:
Another thing I have noted. Does this addon create the tags for the new threads only taking the words from the title of a thread, or also taking the tags from the body of the first post? Because here it seems that are token as tags only the words present in the title. Is normal or I am missing something?

How difficult would it be to extend this addon to create a widget that shows a list of threads (like a custom forum) that have tags a user is watching?

If that makes sense. I would really like that but I guess I can't ask a developer to build a plugin to extend another plugin?

Technically it is very easy just using tagess_tag_watch to get a list of threads for each user, but I've no idea how to write a plugin/widget.

Hi @Xon I have bought and tested the plugin but it didn't add tags to the new threads.
I have seen that just in the past someone asked you this but it seems that the problem is still there. So if the plugin doesn't add tags to the old threads and nothing to the new threads I don't know for what is useful.
Can you please fix these problems because us that have bought this plugin we wish it would at least work.
There are shown many functions in the page of the plugin and it is also written that the plugin work good and have not problems, but I'm reading that many people are saying as too me I'm seeing that the plugin not work.

You need to a) configure permissions, b) have tags which match title fragments c) provide examples of where the tags exist, and the title isn't match and any javascript errors.

Finally this add-on does not advertise it adds tags to old threads.

Hi @Xon you have reason, now is ok. Was the fragment detail setted to 3, that don't let it work.

Is it possible to add also a function to fix the old threads?

Last edited:
I've had one feature broken with Tag Essentials (sadly the feature that I bought the add-on for in the first place). I was able to duplicate the issue with all other add-ons disabled, so I don't think another add-on is interfering with it.

I check the "Restrict addition of tag to threads in these forums" and select the forums and hit save. But the tag is not actually restricted on the board. And if I go back to edit the tag, I see that the Restrict checkbox is unchecked.
1589888811168.png

Last edited:
I've had one feature broken with Tag Essentials (sadly the feature that I bought the add-on for in the first place). I was able to duplicate the issue with all other add-ons disabled, so I don't think another add-on is interfering with it.

I check the "Restrict addition of tag to threads in these forums" and select the forums and hit save. But the tag is not actually restricted on the board. And if I go back to edit the tag, I see that the Restrict checkbox is unchecked.
View attachment 225468
Thanks for reporting. A fix will be incoming.

This looks to be a UI bug, it does block users adding those tags (there is a bug with the synonym support tho)

Thank you. I installed the update and now I see the UI issue is fixed. But I'm still able to add tags to forums that they're not supposed to be added in. Is there a configuration or permission I'm missing?

This is how one of those tags is setup -- with "Pandopolis City" being the only forum its supposed to be used in: 1590249388287.webp

But I was able to add it to a thread in the general chat forum:
1590249431219.webp

Top Bottom