Tag Essentials [Deleted]

Block any tag that returns true for is_numeric() or is_float(). These will not trigger an error message, just silently be removed from the list of tags. Only effects new content.
What does this exactly mean? Will this block any tag with a number in it? What is float?
Display Tag Cloud While Viewing Forums
If enabled, a tag cloud will be displayed above the thread list with the most popular tags within the current forum.
This displays wrong tags currently. Only the most popular tags site-wide are displayed. Does this require a rebuild?

Bugs:
  1. If I use the inline moderation tool and delete or blacklist multiple tags, then after deletion the checkboxes in the same positions are still checked. But for whatever tag that is in the same position. This can easily lead to deletion of valid tags.
  2. After deleting a tag in admincp the confirmation screen does not disappear until you click cancel.
  3. When you click on the 'top users' tab, the top users list is displayed in the 'recent content' tab, while the 'top users' tab is gone.
  4. Top users includes banned members. This is rather pointless. Notable members doesnt list banned members, so this should not do so either.

Last edited:
I had to disable this addon, as my site became very slow. Disabling tag essentials resolved this.

What does this exactly mean? Will this block any tag with a number in it? What is float?
Float means something like 1.2345

This displays wrong tags currently. Only the most popular tags site-wide are displayed. Does this require a rebuild?
Looks a bit buggy, the query needs some work.

The admincp bits definitely need some work, and the top user tab disappearing sounds like a missing template modification.

Hello ! How can I diable the auto tagging content? So the user needs to put it manually instead of just pick words from title during the thread creation

I would like to display the wiki description including bbcode (bold, links, images, etc) in thread page : is there a way to acheive this ?

Would it be possible to display the tag itself in the alert message we received when a new content is published with a tag we are watching ?

Hi @Xon - recently all our tags disappeared from the thread list. Any idea what could cause this? I've attached images of how it was, vs now.

It seems this option isn't working:
1532516337340.webp

Attachments

• htf-notags.webp
    htf-notags.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 7
  • htf-tags.webp
    htf-tags.webp
    124.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Please check the template modifications list, there is likely a theme change which has broken it from displaying

thread_list_item isn't applying, it looks like the template modification being used is fairly sensitive to template changes. I'll need to look into fixing that

Hello! I just purchased this add-on and set it up on my forum. However, I don't see my tag categories appearing on my thread_view.

I have them enabled and have multiple tags w/ categories setup (I see them on the tag search page)
4e0ff12ace077b48cfe9ab518663db37.png

But this is all I see on the thread_view:
dde20faa165a8b36358f2d05433aa222.png

Is there another step I'm missing?

I see the same thing on both my custom theme and the default XF theme.

Also, the tag cloud that is placed at the top of the thread list links tags to /search instead of /tag, so you can't see the tag wiki or top users information.

Top Bottom