Tag Essentials [Deleted]

Would anyone using the tag categories mind sharing a link with me of an example. It's the main driver to purchase this but not 100% sure it fits my need.

Sure @arms

Take a look in this section - you can see the tags at the top and the threads will have same /similar tags

Thanks again, looked over your site but I was looking for an example of this feature:

• On the thread view, when a tag is in a category it's removed from the main tags list and added above it in the specific category list.
  • On the tag search page below the tag cloud (if enabled) there will be a new section for each category to show the most popular tags.
  • Categories have ids assigned which can be used for css purposes.

Last edited:
Installed this yesterday, and managed to break it today during the addition of a tag. Pm'd the author, but not sure if I need to post the errors here or not.

Loving this add-on, hope to get it going again soon.

Installed this yesterday, and managed to break it today during the addition of a tag. Pm'd the author, but not sure if I need to post the errors here or not.

Loving this add-on, hope to get it going again soon.

Whatever happened, it has pretty much locked me out of doing most things in the admin area. Cannot update any other addons, getting errors in multiple locations of the admin area. Here is the error information I get when I try to complete the manual rebuild process....

Code:
An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_TagHandler_Tagger::setPermissionsFromContext() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/nginx/domains/mysite.net/public/forum/library/TagEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php on line 115 in /home/nginx/domains/mysite.net/public/forum/library/XenForo/TagHandler/Tagger.php on line 33

XenForo_TagHandler_Tagger->setPermissionsFromContext() in TagEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php at line 115
TagEss_Deferred_ThreadAction->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/mysite.net/public/forum/admin.php at line 13

ErrorException: Undefined offset: 194 - library/TagEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php:115
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "https://mysite.net/forum/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["redirect"] => string(45) "https://mysite.net/forum/admin.php"
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

And the 2nd error

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_TagHandler_Tagger::setPermissionsFromContext() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/nginx/domains/mysite.net/public/forum/library/TagEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php on line 115 - library/XenForo/TagHandler/Tagger.php:33
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "https://mysite.net/forum/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["redirect"] => string(45) "https://mysite.net/forum/admin.php"
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Just purchased and installed this add-on. So far, I really like it. But I did discover a bug that is keeping me from cleaning up and creating the necessary synonyms. I cannot create a second synonym for any given canonical tag. I always get the "synonym already exists" error for that second one, wether it really exists or not. If it doesn't, then a broken new tag with a count of 0 is created.

Just purchased and installed this add-on. So far, I really like it. But I did discover a bug that is keeping me from cleaning up and creating the necessary synonyms. I cannot create a second synonym for any given canonical tag. I always get the "synonym already exists" error for that second one, wether it really exists or not. If it doesn't, then a broken new tag with a count of 0 is created.

Noticed the same thing, was thinking I might not be doing something right.

We're aware of this and Xon will be investigating, hopefully with a fix incoming shortly. Thanks

I'm seeing something with the auto-tagging.... if a user posts a title with, for example: "bicycle with original paint", it will be tagged with "original", "paint", and "original paint". All three tags are legitimate, however in this case it would be nice if "original paint" was chosen, but "original" and "paint" were NOT added automatically.... the full phrase should over-ride the individual words. Make sense?

I'm seeing something with the auto-tagging.... if a user posts a title with, for example: "bicycle with original paint", it will be tagged with "original", "paint", and "original paint". All three tags are legitimate, however in this case it would be nice if "original paint" was chosen, but "original" and "paint" were NOT added automatically.... the full phrase should over-ride the individual words. Make sense?
I understand what you are suggesting. That's not how it works currently. If you're willing to pay for that functionality, I can find out how much it would cost to include.

Reactions: Xon
I understand what you are suggesting. That's not how it works currently. If you're willing to pay for that functionality, I can find out how much it would cost to include.

Nah, thanks though... it would be handy, but it's not that important at the moment. More important is seeing the multiple synonyms bug fixed.

... and not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to have the tag words (if used in text body) made into clickable links in the first post of the thread?

@Xon Why not update here version: 1.8.13a ?

Y_F2BSIWTkOGafM0MScOvg.png

Noticed the same thing, was thinking I might not be doing something right.
Thanks for @Dave Stromberger for helping debug this, this should be fixed in the next version.

Updated yesterday and for some reason it prevented me to change the ad_above_content template. At first saving the template would not work and after it did save the new template but nothing changed (banner with link)

Edit: this was from something else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom