Tag Essentials [Deleted]

Another Bug: Some tags on the User Profile (member_view) do not show previews and they produce errors that can only be seen in the browser console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
https://www.mywebsite.com/tags/two%words/preview

Code:
{
    "error": [
        "The requested page could not be found."
    ],
    "templateHtml": "\n\n\n\n\n<div class=\"errorOverlay\">\n\t<a class=\"close OverlayCloser\"></a>\n\t\n\t\t<h2 class=\"heading\">The following error occurred:</h2>\n\t\t\n\t\t<div class=\"baseHtml\">\n\t\t\n\t\t\t<label for=\"ctrl_0\" class=\"OverlayCloser\">The requested page could not be found.</label>\n\t\t\n\t\t</div>\n\t\n</div>",
    "_visitor_conversationsUnread": "0",
    "_visitor_alertsUnread": "0"
}

It looks like TagEss doesn't like tags with a % in it for the preview.
Although on other pages the preview is displayed, it is not on the user profile.

If you use my Trending Content Tags add-on and Tag Essentials, I strongly recommend updating it as there is a bugfix which exasperates some non-robust behaviour in the synonyms handling from the admincp.

It looks like TagEss doesn't like tags with a % in it for the preview.
Although on other pages the preview is displayed, it is not on the user profile.
This should be fixed in User Essentials 2.7.2, it will now display the preview and not error.

Stuart Wright updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

Improve robustness of synonym handling

• Improve robustness of synonym handling.
    • Do not allow a tag to be a synonym of itself
    • Populate replacable in the phrase: "Tag {x} is already a synonym of another tag"
    • Prevent spurious "Tag {x} is already a synonym of another tag" errors.
    • Make canonical tag text readonly instead of just styled readonly.
    • Ensure that deleting a tag which has synonyms is cleaned up properly.
  • Fix uninstaller

Read the rest of this update entry...

I can confirm the Profile Tag bug is now gone.

Feature Request: Right now you can only allow/disallow "Edit Wiki Entry" in the permissions. I would propose to have the allow setting putting the Wiki Edit into the Moderation Queue, to allow users to edit Wiki and help to get it build up faster. Then add a new permission called "Can Bypass TagEss Wiki Moderation", so you can give Mods and Admis extra permission to freely edit stuff. How's that? More productivity enabled.

@Stuart Wright You need to update Version no 1.8.1 to 1.8.11 ?

Features updated Suggestions. Content Tagging Maintenance Functionality. Remove all existing content tags and Re-generate content tags for all threads. Forums can be excluded from the "Add Tags" maintenance action.

Add Batch Update Tags: Admin CP -> Applications -> Tags > Batch Update Tags (Automatically builds thread tags based on title and contents)

- Automatic Tags from only Threads Titles.
- Automatically creates tags propositions according to posts titles for words which are not tags yet
- Remove all existing tags from selected threads.
- Replace all existing tags with new tags.
- Remove some tags from selected threads.
- Add new tags to selected threads.
- Block Special Characters.
- Automatically adds new tags to old threads (Daily, Scheduling Tasks with Cron Jobs)

User Group Permissions setting have or not brackets [ ] is this bug? Can add User Group Permissions setting are Seperate (Tag Essentials Permissions) ? Not mixing with General Permissions.

6becd9a24fb149d09ae6392eb6807bfe.png

Hello,
Categories do not appear on thread view, although options and template modifications are activated. :( Any idea ?
Thanks !

I want to uninstall this, as I'm getting rid of all tagging features, and I get an error:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT EXISTS tagess_synonym' at line 1

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in TagEss/Install.php at line 117
[*]TagEss_Install::Uninstall() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 213
[*]XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in Bookmarks/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 48
[*]Bookmarks_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1793
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 123
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/myptsd/html/c/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]
Using 1.8.9 version.

@Xon @Stuart Wright I am getting error to View Users. Please let me know this fix.

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:126
Generated By: Nirjon, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/nadda/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(126): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 126, Array)
#1 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionViewTagUsers()
#2 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nadda/public_html/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(200) "https://www.mysite.com/threads/247/view-tag-users?&_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2F247%2Fpage-248&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1%2C1493020772%2C555f959323bc6ad8d609eaa9ab28fee49da75b48&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/threads/247/page-248"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1493020772,555f959323bc6ad8d609eaa9ab28fee49da75b48"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:126
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_merge(): ...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 126, Array)
#1 /home/nadda/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(126): array_merge(Array, NULL)
#2 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionViewTagUsers()
#3 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nadda/public_html/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(200) "https://www.mysite.com/threads/247/view-tag-users?&_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2F247%2Fpage-248&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1%2C1493020772%2C555f959323bc6ad8d609eaa9ab28fee49da75b48&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1493020772,555f959323bc6ad8d609eaa9ab28fee49da75b48"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Xon @Stuart Wright I am getting error to View Users. Please let me know this fix.

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:126
Stack Trace

#0 /home/nadda/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(126): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 126, Array)
#1 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionViewTagUsers()
#2 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nadda/public_html/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:126
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_merge(): ...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 126, Array)
#1 /home/nadda/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(126): array_merge(Array, NULL)
#2 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionViewTagUsers()
#3 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nadda/public_html/index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This is fixed in version 1.8.13 just uploaded. Thanks for reporting.

I have searched for "SEO" and got some things from one year ago or later.. So Im asking about it right now:

How does this addon enhance the SEO of the forum considering the actual script of Google for rating sites? Does a Nice tagging sctructure turn a forum more relevant than it is?

I want to uninstall this, as I'm getting rid of all tagging features, and I get an error:.

Could you please elaborate the reason of the uninstallation of this tool? Thanks!

Is there a way to make parent tags augment rather than replace their children, on a per-tag basis? This would be useful for creating tag "hierarchies" or "implications" such as "banana" -> "fruit". Tag categories don't work for this, as they are not tags themselves.

I would like to disable the Watched Tags feature (or at the very least hide it)

I have adjusted user permissions so you can't watch a tag, and also unticked "Display Watched Tags Nav Link" in options.

Is there a way I can also remove the Watched Tags section in Preferences?

Is there a way I can also remove the Watched Tags section in Preferences?
Easiest way is to disable the template modification with the description "Adds the watched tags page to the account wrapper" I think this is the right second, if not please screenshot what you are looking to disable so I have some context to look for it.

Top Bottom