Toyota Tacoma Forum || Tacoma3G

I think it is the right idea to have a Youtube channel. Youtube's market is extremely big and you can get ton of exposure there and earn bucks.
Can't say much about the video content itself but I have a few points.

1) Your editing seems fine.

2) I think you should have some sort of "table of contents" of the start of the video. Like your video is 16 minutes long. Not many people will watch the whole thing. If you could provide a list like "you will see this and this and this", people could skip to the part they are interested in. You need to watch your retention rates for that but as this is your first video, you need more data of course to see a difference.

3) Since your channel is still young, I would think about a name change. Not sure if it is allowed to use Tacoma3g as a part of your name, but if it is possible, then definitely use it. Not many people will search for "wandering" or "winterfields" and even if they do, it is probably unrelated to what they were after. I don't think that someone who searches for these words expects a tacoma content. Vice versa, someone who searches for Tacoma or Toyota content, will use these words. So for branding reasons this is very important.
But as I see, you launched this 2nd brand next to your site called wandering winterfields. So, I don't know if that is the right thing, you must decide.

4) Your thumbnail is not good. To be precise, the text color is bad (the picture is great!).

1582209988083.webp

If you look at it, can you read what is written down below? I can not.

The red is too dark and the text is too small. You must make it more big. Don't forget that most people use a phone these days, so everyone has a small screen. You want them to be able to read it without thei reading glasses on.

Also if I am not mistaken the used red tone is not the tone of your logo. Why? Don't forget branding, if you choose the red color, choose your brand's color. I think you tried to do that actually as you have used similar colors in that picture, but not exactly.

And the text above is readable but it still blends in with the background, specially the left side. Making that bigger would help.

Also you could have sneaked in your brand in the title, but this is a very minor thing, not that important. For example like
1582209379177.png

Also instead of puttung your domain names down below, I would put the logos. That looks more professional.
You can't even see the right domain, because the time of the video is there.

Last edited:
I think it is the right idea to have a Youtube channel. Youtube's market is extremely big and you can get ton of exposure there and earn bucks.

2) I think you should have some sort of "table of contents" of the start of the video. Like your video is 16 minutes long. Not many people will watch the whole thing. If you could provide a list like "you will see this and this and this", people could skip to the part they are interested in. You need to watch your retention rates for that but as this is your first video, you need more data of course to see a difference.

3) Since your channel is still young, I would think about a name change. Not sure if it is allowed to use Tacoma3g as a part of your name, but if it is possible, then definitely use it. Not many people will search for "wandering" or "winterfields" and even if they do, it is probably unrelated to what they were after. I don't think that someone who searches for these words expects a tacoma content. Vice versa, someone who searches for Tacoma or Toyota content, will use these words. So for branding reasons this is very important.
But as I see, you launched this 2nd brand next to your site called wandering winterfields. So, I don't know if that is the right thing, you must decide.

4) Your thumbnail is not good. To be precise, the text color is bad (the picture is great!).

View attachment 218852

The red is too dark and the text is too small. You must make it more big. Don't forget that most people use a phone these days, so everyone has a small screen. You want them to be able to read it without thei reading glasses on.

Also if I am not mistaken the used red tone is not the tone of your logo. Why? Don't forget branding, if you choose the red color, choose your brand's color. I think you tried to do that actually as you have used similar colors in that picture, but not exactly.

And the text above is readable but it still blends in with the background, specially the left side. Making that bigger would help.

Also you could have sneaked in your brand in the title, but this is a very minor thing, not that important. For example like
View attachment 218850

Also instead of puttung your domain names down below, I would put the logos. That looks more professional.
Wow, now that's feedback.

1) My editing can get fancier, but I suppose it was good enough for what it was. Thank you.

2) I never thought about a table of contents, and that is a great idea. I don't think I can really add one now, but I can probably put links in the video description. For my future videos, I will try to have that.

3) I actually have the Tacoma3G name on YouTube but I opted not to use it. The Wandering Winterfields name is the name of my future travels across the continent while living in my truck. These videos, while about the truck, might start getting more personal/vlogish than always being a tutorial like this one was. So I thought I should brand the YouTube as ME instead of my forum, while still retaining the fact that Tacoma3G is also me and always part of the videos. Also, most people who know me as the guy who runs T3G, also know about my WW travels, and are not confused. However, I can see how this can be confusing for people who are looking for videos on YouTube and don't know T3G or WW at all. But I would imagine the video titles and tags will be enough for the video to come up when they search for Tacoma keywords. I think my video is already on the first page when searching "Tacoma leaf spring", which is nice. I understand where you are coming from though.

4) Roger that on the thumbnail -- you're totally right. I'm not sure if I can change it now that the video is uploaded, but if I can, I'm definitely going to fix it. If not, I will make sure future videos have better text. The red tones don't match because I lightened the logo so you could see it better since it uses such thin lines, but I see how the inconsistency is unprofessional, and I'll fix that as well. Doing the "3 G TACOMA" in red is a great idea!

I never would have known the time of the video would block the domain. That's another good thing to remember for the next video.

Thank you for taking the time to write that and mock up the photo!

No problem. You don't have to make changes to this video. Leave it as it is. My points were for future videos, so don't worry if your first video ever (as you say in your video) is not perfect. You'll keep learning and for a first video it is good.

3) I see. Then it makes sense. I take back what I said. You are right if you want to upload also other stuff other than the T3G stuff, then it is better to brand yourself and not the T3G website. Because it is your fist video and it is about the T3G, I thought this channel will be about that only. But as you explain it will be not only so I agree with you.

Good luck.

View attachment 218852

View attachment 218850

I fixed the thumbnail, I think it looks cleaner now.

89FBAF79-FCB4-40EA-A6EA-42DAAF8584E5.webp

4A5CA272-6F24-4A1C-BA63-C4D0DF8D58DC.webp

Yep, much better. You also changed the red. Clean and sleek.

Maybe you could increase the font-size of the title a bit, just the height so it fits into the picture. But not sure if that is possible with the editor in your video software. Like this:

1582917827568.webp

That way it can be read on the thumbnail which is not very readable right now. But this doesn't always work out for every font-size, it looks sometimes silly.

I also like the Youtube banner, that is perfect. Just the dogs can't be seen, that needs to be re-done.

Yep, much better. You also changed the red. Clean and sleek.

Maybe you could increase the font-size of the title a bit, just the height so it fits into the picture. But not sure if that is possible with the editor in your video software. Like this:

View attachment 219544

That way it can be read on the thumbnail which is not very readable right now. But this doesn't always work out for every font-size, it looks sometimes silly.

I also like the Youtube banner, that is perfect. Just the dogs can't be seen, that needs to be re-done.
Which view can you not see the dogs? On a phone?

Ah, now I understand why it is called the Winterfields. Your surname is that, it makes sense.

The dogs are perfect now and also the site looks good. Although not sure how it would look on mobile, as I think it is not responsive.

Btw. for the Youtube banner, see:

1582921129809.png

Ah, now I understand why it is called the Winterfields. Your surname is that, it makes sense.

The dogs are perfect now and also the site looks good. Although not sure how it would look on mobile, as I think it is not responsive.

Btw. for the Youtube banner, see:

View attachment 219546
I actually think it looks better on mobile than on desktop because on desktop it got blurry even though the image is HD. Here is mobile:

1582921362663.webp

I actually think it looks better on mobile than on desktop because on desktop it got blurry even though the image is HD. Here is mobile:
I didn't mean the youtube channel, I meant the website. Not sure how the website would look on mobile. Youtube is fine but try to consider those dimensions I gave you for the banner.

I didn't mean the youtube channel, I meant the website. Nore sure how the website would look on mobile. Youtube is fine but try to consider those dimensions I gave you for the banner.
Oh, the mobile website is basically broken right now. I need to design that separately and I haven't gotten to it yet.

Hey guys. Since some of you here liked my first one, I’ll share this one. I finally finished our second video, the Victory 4x4 roof rack install. It's more silly than it is informative (since they have a good tutorial already). Plus, we could all use something light during these dark times. Next video will be a camper tour.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I couldn't find anything to criticize, nice video. Audio is great, thumbnail is great, video cuts are great, your humor is not great :D, your wife is great.

I couldn't find anything to criticize, nice video. Audio is great, thumbnail is great, video cuts are great, your humor is not great :D, your wife is great.
Lol, thank you! I did a lot to the audio to try to make our voices more clear and the wind noise more not. So I’m glad it worked.

Sorry our humor isn’t great though. Will fix that for the next one.

Top Bottom