[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete

[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete [Paid] 1.2.92

No permission to buy ($48.00)
You've blocked your own country?

I take it, if you turn StopCountrySpam off (via ACP>>List Ads-ons >> disable), everything is fine (just to check that you are having issues with that plugin and none of the others)

To Block countries, Select black-listing, and only tick the countries you want to block
If you select white listing, and do not select any countries, you'll block every country (including your own)... I would avoid using white listing for this reason and instead black list countries where possible

If I disable StopCountrySPam I can make it to the registration screen. When it's enabled with black list selected and only a couple of countries selected (none of which are the one I live in) it gives me the error about no new registrations. Having none selected still the same error. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong so I will leave it disabled for now.

What index options are you using,
ACP > Options >> Tac StopContrySpam
(right down at the bottom)
JSON Request:
Index Name:
also look at your logs

ACP >> Tools >> StopCoutrySpam Logs

It will tell you why the user was blocked, and you should be able to work it out from there, for instance.. I'll click on my last log and it says:

Registration Blocked: Via actionIndex() User blocked from registering,country on black list: CN
Today at 12:19 PM
generated by email attempt: MarinaPughev49@hotmail.com
IP Address: 219.234.82.88
Proxy Details: No Proxy Detected

Request URL
http://api.wipmania.com/219.234.82.88?k=-----------Qf&t=json

Request Response
{"country":{"name":"China","code":"CN","code3":"CHN","coded":"156"},"sc":""}

Country Code Index
country['code']

Country Code Detected
CN

(I've removed the API key from the request URL)

The log provides everything needed for debugin any issues. In this case, CN is a country I have black listed

That looks correct (I would remove the key from the message above, so others can't use it)

Do you have any countries selected in the StopCountrySpam options?

It's not the sever error logs, but the StopCountrySpam logs (in ACP >> Tools)

If there was a registration block due to StopCoutrnySpam, it would show up there..and it would show the reason why (If it doesn't, that's very strange)
Have you turned it back on just to have a look at the StopCountrySpamLogs, I believe it needs to be on for these to be visible

Can you also try turning off stopProxies

I'd like to get to the bottom of your issue (since for me it's working perfectly on 3 sites)

Can you send me screen shots (via private message) of
1) The options page
2) The StopCountrySpam Log Page
3) The Server Error Logs page

Okay, we've looked at this issue together and it would seem "Ernest L. Defoe" host is adding the following to all visitors:

HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR

This was found in the StopCountrySpam Logs, here:

ACP>> Tools >> StopCountrySpam Logs

After clicking each user that was blocked, it became obvious that the reason that they were blocked was because the header contained "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR" (for every single user), so a proxy was detected.

This is not a bug... StopCoutnrySpam has correctly found that the users contained transparent proxy headers
Usually, people who try to mask their IP will use proxies, and sometimes these proxies can be detected by looking at the header
However, in the case of cloudflare (and some other mechanisms), this header will also be present. So if cloudflare is used (or your host add these types of headers), this option should be turned off (don't detect this type of proxy)

This was resolved by simply going to the ACP>> Options >> StopCounrtrySpam and turning of the transparent proxy detection for "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"

This is awesome add-on and i would highly recommend buying it because it is worth every penny plus it is a great deal because you get 6 add-ons all at once

Simple question with hopefully a simple solution. I have the full-meal deal, and in my AnyAPI log the emails show up as user%40domain.com (example only) instead of user@domain.com. Is there a way to get it to show the normal format for the email address instead of replace the "@" with %40?

That's a cosmetic bug, I'll need to make a fix for AnyAPI, it should be a simple fix, I'll look into it now

Nope, I recommend using the latest version of the indivual plugins. I don't update the packs as regularly as the individuals

• AnyApi - is always brand free (so same in both packs)
  • CustomImgCaptcha (same in both packs)
  • FaceBookRegCaptcha (same in both packs)
  • FoolBotHoneyPot - only brand free if paid
  • StopCountrySpam - only brand free if paid
  • StopHumanSpam - only brand free if paid

Is there any chance you could extend AnyApi to optionally be applied to forum posts, as well as registration?

I'm in the position of having to have a Guest forum, which obviously isn't helped by anti-registration measures. But if I could apply AnyApi to posts, I think that would probably catch a fair amount of what StopHumanSpam doesn't already catch.

-- hugh

Is there any chance you could extend AnyApi to optionally be applied to forum posts, as well as registration?

I'm in the position of having to have a Guest forum, which obviously isn't helped by anti-registration measures. But if I could apply AnyApi to posts, I think that would probably catch a fair amount of what StopHumanSpam doesn't already catch.

-- hugh
AskiMet is a good solution to that, but I'm not sure if there is a module for it or not.

Yup, I'm very familiar with Akismet. Was actually about to go hunting for an existing addon which implements it when you posted.

What I like about AnyApi is the ability to use any service which either uses the standard RBL reverse DNS zone method, or supports a simple API. Which is most of them. Probably even Akismet, although I haven't looked yet. I don't yet use AnyApi, just did some basic testing, as it doesn't really give me anything, because I have registration in XF shut down, and run single single signon with the Joomla side of my site using jFusion.

But if I could use AnyApi for posts, as well as registration, that would rock.

-- hugh

I was just looking at the stop human spam addon, and thought that was pretty good...
so is this what you would consider the elite spam family?
Run spam over with a car, then backup over spam with a truck...

So what you are saying is if i get the fully loaded brand pack,
then I should not expect the same level of update service?

then I assume this pack is not updated? since you just
stated that individual addons are given more attention....

Nope, I recommend using the latest version of the indivual plugins. I don't update the packs as regularly as the individuals

• AnyApi - is always brand free (so same in both packs)
  • CustomImgCaptcha (same in both packs)
  • FaceBookRegCaptcha (same in both packs)
  • FoolBotHoneyPot - only brand free if paid
  • StopCountrySpam - only brand free if paid
  • StopHumanSpam - only brand free if paid

The paid add-on gives you access to each of the individual plug-ins, so you get access to the most up to date versions...

Top Bottom