[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete

[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete [Paid] 1.2.92

No permission to buy ($48.00)
Is this easy to set up? Is there a "standard" setting for the different apps, or do I have to configure everything from scratch?

Is this easy to set up? Is there a "standard" setting for the different apps, or do I have to configure everything from scratch?
If you unpack the package zip in your XenForo directory, and then run php tac_install.php, it will install everything with sensible defaults.

I have installed it all, but now new users cant register. How do I turn this off?
You can go to addons in the admin control panel and switch off the addons starting with TAC.

Please check the logs though. There is likely a simple reason for this that can be fixed by a setting change.

You can go to addons in the admin control panel and switch off the addons starting with TAC.

Please check the logs though. There is likely a simple reason for this that can be fixed by a setting change.

If i swith off the TAC addons, doesnt that mean spammers can register/post again?

What logs should I check? I tried register myself yesterday, I dont use any proxy etc. I still couldnt register.

What logs should I check? I tried register myself yesterday, I dont use any proxy etc. I still couldnt register
The TAC addons show their logs individually in Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Logs. E.g. "Stop Country Spam Log".

Also let me know the version numbers of the TAC addons, cheers

If i swith off the TAC addons, doesnt that mean spammers can register/post again?
Yes, obviously just temporary until we establish why no-one can register for you.

The TAC addons show their logs individually in Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Logs. E.g. "Stop Country Spam Log".

Also let me know the version numbers of the TAC addons, cheers

Yes, obviously just temporary until we establish why no-one can register for you.

Any Spam Api Logs: nothing there

Stop Country Spam Logs: 154 entries, they all say: "Via actionIndex() User blocked from registering, Proxy detected" and some say Via actionFacebook instead of Index

Stop Human Spam Logs: 53 entries, mostly bots trying to publish posts with links

Custom Image Capthca Logs: nothing there

Fool Bot Honey Pot Logs: nothing there

Bot Arrestor Logs: 169 entries

I bought and installed the whole package this week so I guess I have the latest versions of the addons.

Via actionIndex() User blocked from registering, Proxy detected
I suspect it is this, as I had a previous customer with this issue. This add-on is wound very tight when it sees anything indicating a potential proxy, but it appears due to changing tech that some of the indicators are now being used beyond actual proxies.

If you could show me one of these logs (or PM it to me), i'll tell you which options you need to turn off. Cheers

@Jens1986 To fix this go to Options -> Stop Country Spam -> HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR and un-check it.

I'm going to disable this by default in the next release. I'm guessing it's being used by load balancers or something.

Does this currently support XF2, if not, is it still relevant for that version and (if so) do you expect to offer that?

That was a terrible sentence.

It's XF1.

Still seems relevant to XF2, would most likely port over the components that have some demand. However these addons have maintainability such that it would be a major re-write, so it's not arriving soon.

Will a purchase toward the XF1 product now do anything for me if/when there's an XF2 product down the road? Getting hammered by spammers but am not ready to move to XF2 until a couple other mods are migrated.

Top Bottom