TAC(Tenants Anti-Spam Collection) - Anti-Spam (Free Version) [Deleted]

New version is creating a problem. Soon as I upload the file to the Library folder, my forum opens with:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/Listener.php on line 64

So there's no way to even install anything.

If you edit that listener.php file and scroll down to around line 64, there is a / there. Delete it and save and re upload it and it resolves the issue.

I did it and it worked.

Hope it helps :)

Logs for this stuff are funny lol..

Questions..
Is there a way to let global moderators see the foolbothoneypot logs? I didn't see it in the perms list.
Can I set a cron to clear this log? This behavior is pretty much non stop. I had 4 pages of them in the first 5 minutes.

thanks, this is good stuff! It works perfectly and, I have yet to see one make it past the first API.

Nigel

For FoolBotHoenyPot, the cron is already running and clears the logs weekly, so that no more than 3 months of logs are stored
Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_Model_HoneyPot::runWeeklyCleanUp

To view FBHP Logs, the users requires the following permission:
"view logs"

I'm actually moving the logs around (since I'm adding stats for my self, but the information might be useful to others)

Last edited:
Anyone with help on this?

This would mean robots to solve two questions.

CustomImgCaptch replaces the core CAPTCHA, you can't run them together

... by the way, it would also mean humans have to solve two answers too (which is more of a concern). Currently stopping bots is easy, but doing it without having negative impact on humans is the trick

I'm generally not interested in multiple or complicated / user unfriendly CAPTCHAs.
I'm also not interested in ones that look pretty, but are very easy to automate
I'm uninterested in mechanism that increase the chance of false positives (such as multiple APIs used together)
I'm am interested in stopping bots, making it hard to automate against, and having as little negative human impact as possible

Last edited:
For FoolBotHoenyPot, the cron is already running and clears the logs weekly, so that no more than 3 months of logs are stored
Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_Model_HoneyPot::runWeeklyCleanUp

To view FBHP Logs, the users require the following permission:
"view logs"

I'm actually moving the logs around (since I'm adding stats for my self, but the information might be useful to others)

Great, thanks...

Nigel

keep getting this error loads whats up with it

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XFCP_Tac_DeDos_ControllerPublic_FindNew::actionIndex() - library/Tac/DeDos/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php:9
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:33 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "https://thegamersquare.com/find-new/17329/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I installed FoolbotHoneypot, people reported that they can't register. I tried it myself and can't register either. After disabling the add-on, the fields that say "please_leave_this_field_blank" are still on the registration page.

Running 1.4.2 forums with the TAC customImgCaptcha and it says I require FoolBotHoneyPot, but FoolBotHoneyPot says I don't need it for v1.4+... is there any way to get this working together?

1.4 introduces core honey pots, there is little point in also using FBHP with 1.4. There is an option in FBHP to use legacy mode (this avoids using template modifications and uses it's own template for registration), but I have no idea if this will correlate with the server side code (turn on fbhp legacy and try to register)... Or, try the honey pots using the core.

FBHP is unlikely to be updated to support XF > 1.4, since there will be very little need for it if you configure the core honey pots

If using >1.4 turn off FBHP

So, I guess people want this free too ha?

Well, over the next few months we are all about to get hit by a wave of js enabled bots that bypass the reg timer, bypass the core honeypots with clean IPs that bypass API's
See Xrumer update:
IntelliForm with high probability decode unknown field and fulfill it with necessary information. Also, this updated technology is decoding arithmetical anti-bot protection, JS-protections, CSS-protection and honeypot.
http://botmasterlabs.net/event/2017-01-03/1/

And I'm not that mean to leave you without protection, so here it comes

Last edited:
You can, and most definitely should use the latest FBHP, and do turn it on, it's now compatible with xf 1.4 and 1.5 since it is very much needed again

Top Bottom