[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete

[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete [Paid] 1.2.92

No permission to buy ($48.00)
For all paid members of TAC, I've now added a new plugin (consider this a gift ;) ). There is no extra payment, and I am not increasing the price of this add-on package. All I ask is for you to rate the add-ons (this pack and the individuals) if you have time:

DeDos - Anti DOS for spam bot/scrapers
Reduce DOS resource usage from Scrapers / Spam Bots / Simple DOS attacks

I've just tried to buy this addon using IE11, but the username and e-mail address fields on the reg form were missing. It worked in FF though:

problem.webp

• Can you reproduce the same thing here: http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/
  • What other addons that you are using alter the registration page?
  • In foolbothoneypot options, try ticking the option: use legacy mode.
Instead of using template modifications to alter the registration form, use an independent registration form template (Foolbothoneypot_register_form). If you use add-ons that manipulate the registration form and FBHP no longer works, ticking this option may allow FBHP to work again.

I'm downloading and looking at EI 11 now to verify

Last edited:
  • Can you reproduce the same thing here: http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/
  • What other addons that you are using alter the registration page?
  • In foolbothoneypot options, try ticking the option: use legacy mode.

I'm downloading and looking at EI 11 now to verify

Yes, I first noticed it when signing up to your site. I now get this on my site where I installed the bot and human addons.

Oddly, it doesn't always happen. I refreshed the page and it sometimes works, it's about 50/50. I've got no other addons that alter the registration page and ticking the legacy option didn't work either.

Okay, I see what the issue is (related to a recent release of FBHP)

IE doesn't like

position: initial;
z-index: -10;

This is basically a fake z-index on the real fields (in most browsers, this z index is then ignored), I'll remove it and update FBHP shortly

Last edited:
So I bought this to be Brand Free but I still get branding:
sWlUpUB.png

well i installed an addon to help which is doing a ton but there still seems to be these accounts that keep getting past everything, they dont post any spam but clearly are not legit accounts due to how often the sign ups are is there something i can do about this or and i kinda screwed? or have a missed something with the addon?

well i installed an addon to help which is doing a ton but there still seems to be these accounts that keep getting past everything, they dont post any spam but clearly are not legit accounts due to how often the sign ups are is there something i can do about this or and i kinda screwed? or have a missed something with the addon?

The only thing you can do to stop human spammers like that is turn on global new user account approval; giving you the opportunity to check their user profile details for spam links (which is the most common thing we see on our own boards) before their account goes live.

That's okay if you're around all the time to check and approve new accounts, but otherwise you'll simly have to kill them as you find them.

Fortunately XF makes the profile links "nofollow" so there's no real benefit to the spammer in posting the links and no real harm to your board (assuming your regulars won't bother checking the new non-posting user profiles).

So I bought this to be Brand Free but I still get branding:
sWlUpUB.png

Apperace >> Templates

Find the template named "customimgcaptcha_captcha"

and in that template remove this:

Code:
                            <p class="explain">
                                (<a href="http://xenforo.com/community/resources/customimgcaptcha.1161/">CustomImgCaptcha</a> By <a href="http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/">Surrey Forum</a>)
                            </p>

Can anyone remember the name of that spam bot that specialized in spamming forums ?
I haven't heard of it in a while.
When it got updated, the forums would get flooded for a while ...
anyone ..

It stopped having such of an impact due to measures built into XenForo and many admins using invaluable add-ons such as this.

sorry if this has been answered b4. I just installed it. But i get this error:

XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'FoolBotHoneyPot_Model_HoneyPot' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago

sorry if this has been answered b4. I just installed it. But i get this error:

XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'FoolBotHoneyPot_Model_HoneyPot' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago
Yep... apparent problem if you are running the BETA with it. I tagged @tenants in another post about it. I'm sure he'll get it fixed shortly - his support is top-notch.
It is probably a conflict between the built in and the add-on. Just disable the add-on and use the built in honeypot for now.

Top Bottom