[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete

[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete [Paid] 1.2.92

No permission to buy ($48.00)
Just finished buying, please provide a quick guide for installation. And also I would like to know why you block IP from our country?
Thanks,

Have you looked at the front page of StopHumanSpam
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/stophumanspam-anti-human-spam.1480/

There are options for StopHumanSpam in the Admin Control Panel
ACP >> Options >> StopHumanSpam:

Most of these are already turned on by default

Link -Post-Rules
These rules prevent users who do not meet the requirement from creating links in various places.
The Link -Post-Rules condition's are set in the ACP and include:
  • Minimum Number of Posts
  • Minimum Number of Likes
  • Minimum Like : Post Ratio (This should prevent many users from creating pointless posts, just to increase their post count)
  • Minimum Registration Days

You can set the Minimum values above in the ACP Options (ACP >> Options >> StopHumanSpam):

linkPostRules.webp

Stop Banned Words
Stop posts / threads being created with banned words. These words can be in the title of the thread or the content of the post/thread. This prevents the human spammer from using their usual spam content (copy / pasted from word/txt). The human spammer can vary what they write, but after going through the hassle of not being able to create a real link / sneaky link of any sort (see below), most will just give up.

You can set the Banned Words above in the ACP Options (ACP >> Options >> StopHumanSpam):

StopBannedWords.webp

Ah, you might be right... that will be in the next version. Do you need to bypass particular forums (ie, prevent the add-on from doing anything in particular forums)

Hmm, that's strange..

What does the version say for you Stop Human Spam (Go to ACP >> Home >> List Add ons)
It should be 1.2.7

Okay.. ha! I've seen the issue.
I was using a template from XenKingDir

So, since most of my sites have the directory installed, I never saw an issue, the issue wasn't really easy to spot if you don't use that select box (for most of my forums I don't)

I can fix this quick and simple, I'll release an update for StopHumanSpam

For those that don't need to "bypass forums" to use StopHumanSpam, you don't need to update

Hello @tenants Just upgrade to 1.2.8 and I can config bypass forum now. From your collection I see Stops Human Spam is the most useful plugin. I don't use image captcha and facebookrescaptcha and I see that XF also have some useful tools from it's core to deal with bot registration.
May I suggest that you should focus on developing Stops Human Spam and make bypass usergroups like bypass forums because if I want to bypass usergroups now I have to change permission per group and it will take a lot of time.
I also don't use stop country spam because block a whole country doesn't make sense for me. We are dealing with spam but not all the people from a certain country. However someone may need it so it's up to them.
Thank you,

It takes 2 seconds to apply the same logic to the permissions.

If you want a user group to bypass Stop Human Spam, just give their group the following permissions

bypass.webp

- Using permissions is a better systems (since you can apply it to individual / groups), it makes no sense to do this from the options too (and would also be confusing)

By the way, FoolBotHoneyPot still remains the only system that stops 100% of bots (without affecting humans)

The core should'nt really use "soft" anti spam mechanism, since these mechanisms will then be targetd. The core should, and does use APIs.

APIs can never be 100% affective (even against bots), so for this reason the core APIs work well in combination with FoolBotHoneyPot.

In fact, in this case its the core APIs that aren't needed as much (since FBHP is the mechanism that stops 100% of bots, the APIs do not and can never). CustomImgCaptcha is also the only CAPTCHA mechanism I would use since the core mechanism have (as I just mentioned) been targeted so rendered useless (reCapthca / QA are in fact the systems that are pointless to use, overtime these do very little against XRumer). StopCountrySpam is useful for some forums (but not all), AnyApi.... well, I'm not a big fan of using multiple layered APIs (too many APIs means you'll introduce false positives).

AnyApi is probably the only one that has been made less affective by the Core updates, but it's still included since some users want to use APIs that are not included with the core (I personally still use it for statistics analysis, showing that StopBotters is one of the strongest APIs possibly only marginally second to StopForumSpam, but without the false positives)

Last edited:
I notice that one of the features of this addon requires either manual approval or rejected. How do I turn off manual approval/rejected?

Which addon are you talking about?

For FoolBotHoneyPot, there are no false positives... so bots just don't get through (100% of the bots are stopped at the door) ... no manual approval / rejection
For CustomImgCapthca, there is no manual approval / rejections (the human /bot can re-attempt registration)
For StopCountrySpam, there is no manual approval / rejections (if the country is blocked from registering... it's blocked)
For any of the APIs in AnyApi, the users are stopped at the door (don't use APIs you don't trust)

For StopHumanSpam, false positives are possible when creating threads/posts. If a user accidentaly uses a banned word, their thread/post can go into moderation
For the banned words / banned titles, there is an option for this in the StopHumanSpam settings:

Moderate Banned Word Content
Instead of stopping the thread / post containing the banned word being created, moderate the content (moderation can not be applied to conversations)

If you are using FoolBotHoneyPot ... I wouldn't expect to see many spam issues (all of the bots will be stopped at the door), so the only issues you should ever see are human spam issues (which are more rare), and StopHumanSpam should catch these

Last edited:
Which addon are you talking about?

For FoolBotHoneyPot, there are no false positives... so bots just don't get through (100% of the bots are stopped at the door) ... no manual approval / rejection
For CustomImgCapthca, there is no manual approval / rejections (the human /bot can re-attempt registration)
For StopCountrySpam, there is no manual approval / rejections (if the country is blocked from registering... it's blocked)
For any of the APIs in AnyApi, the users are stopped at the door (don't use APIs you don't trust)

For StopHumanSpam, false positives are possible when creating threads/posts. If a user accidental uses a banned word, their thread/post can go into moderation
For the banned words / banned titles, there is an option for this in the StopHumanSpam settings:

If you are using FoolBotHoneyPot ... I wouldn't expect to see many spam issues (all of the bots will be stopped at the door), so the only issues you should ever see are human spam issues (which are more rare), and StopHumanSpam should catch these
I don't know which addon did it. I have StopCountrySpam, StopHumanSpam and FoolBotHoneyBot installed. I think it might be StopHumanSpam that made this person's registration require manual approval (I don't even have manual approval checked in the regular registration settings but it's showing under Stop Human Spam)

They tried registering several times under the same email and username but couldn't because it kept saying their location wasn't filled out (due to this issue: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mandatory-location.26686/#post-626592 )

So is the problem that failing to register due to not filling out mandatory location would that cause a warning flag to go up whenever that person finally does register and make them go into moderation?

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 2.43.11 AM.webp

Top Bottom