[Sysnative] Improved Member Stats Widgets - Members Recently Online / Recently Registered [Deleted]

Sysnative

Will Watts submitted a new resource:

Improved Member Stats Widgets - Members Recently Online / Recently Registered - Displays additional Members Recently Visited and Members Recently Registered widgets on your forum.

This add-on provides additional widget options to display Members Recently Online and Members Who Have Recently Registered.

Both widgets can be set with a custom timeframe (in hours) to look back for recent members / registrations, and are controlled at user group level permissions.

Members Recently Online

View attachment 195868

Members Recently Registered

View attachment 195869

This add-on also runs...

Read more about this resource...

Also one question. Is this also compatible with 2.0.12? I'd like to install it now as I haven't upgraded to 2.1 yet but plan to soon. Was wondering if I should avoid installing it until I upgrade to 2.1 or if it will work on both.

Hey thank you @Will Watts great add-on. Do you think its possible to show the users recently online avatars? Would be a nice feature if it shows the avatars of the users recently online. Either way great work.

Glad you like it! Thanks for the suggestion - I'll add this in as an update.

Also one question. Is this also compatible with 2.0.12? I'd like to install it now as I haven't upgraded to 2.1 yet but plan to soon. Was wondering if I should avoid installing it until I upgrade to 2.1 or if it will work on both.

It should be, but tbh I only tested it on 2.1 so I wouldn't want to say yes without checking.

I don't think anything would break, but let me know if you experience issues.

Many thanks for this great free addon.
Hey thank you @Will Watts great add-on. Do you think its possible to show the users recently online avatars? Would be a nice feature if it shows the avatars of the users recently online. Either way great work.
I agreed with this suggestion. A new feature "Use Avatar", that can be selected both for Members Recently Online and Members Who Have Recently Registered will be great. Also selecting the avatar size as "Enter s xs or xxs for avatar size" will be wonderfull, similar to this addon.

I tried instaling on my 2.1 site, but I cannot locate the Widget settings. All usergroups have permission to see this add-on, but don't see it at bottom of my forum.

I tried instaling on my 2.1 site, but I cannot locate the Widget settings. All usergroups have permission to see this add-on, but don't see it at bottom of my forum.

Works fine on my 2.1.1 installation. The widget setting is called "Sysnative: Members Recently Online" and also "Sysnative: Members Recently Registered". It appeared at the very bottom for me. Why isn't it working for you?

Hmm, I checked my Widgets again. I didn't see anything called Sysnative until I clicked on "Add Widget" button. Both of them are listed in this dropdown. Should I add them here? I don't know what went wrong because I did not have to add widgets to other add-ons, but I am new at this, so learning as I go. Thank you.

Hmm, I checked my Widgets again. I didn't see anything called Sysnative until I clicked on "Add Widget" button. Both of them are listed in this dropdown. Should I add them here? I don't know what went wrong because I did not have to add widgets to other add-ons, but I am new at this, so learning as I go. Thank you.
Hello,

Yes sometime you need to add the widget by yourself, some add-on have a Setup.php that will install the widget during the installation of the add-on ;)

Regards, SyTry

Thanks! I got it working! Just had to add the widget. Does anyone know how I can enhance this a bit more by adding something like this:
BIRTHDAYS
Congratulations to: <Username>(19)
STATISTICS
Total posts 210862 • Total topics 25376 • Total members 10103 • Our newest member <Username>

or

Members Recently Online: 5
Members Recently Registered: 2
(Instead of having a row displaying Total: 5, I want to bring the total to the title)

Last edited:
@Mysticphoenix - have you edited many templates before / played about with widgets much?

The existing data for those items is all in various widgets already - if you look in the template, you'll see the variables coming through with this data in the relevant places. You could probably merge various widgets together using the template system to create the result you want.

Will this display staff users like the stock widget?

At the moment this doesn't run any checks for staff members - it probably wouldn't be too difficult to add in though. I've been meaning to update this add-on for a while, but haven't had much time recently.

Top Bottom