SVG format as resources icons

I doubt you will see SVGs as an option for user-uploaded images (icons, avatars, etc.) because SVG images can have JavaScript embedded within the image itself. So you would be giving users the ability to execute their custom Javascript on your site.

So allowing it more or less adds an XSS attack/vector to your site.

Revisiting this issue as I have tried to get a high resolution (university seal, company logo, etc). when upload PNG to resource icon, it gets very blurry.
What would be our solution?

Revisiting this issue as I have tried to get a high resolution (university seal, company logo, etc). when upload PNG to resource icon, it gets very blurry.
What would be our solution?
Are you asking about generic upload by users or admin changes to your site?

As an admin,
I have a separate folder in /data/page-media I upload my SVGs to and reference in my pages / templates accordingly.

Are you asking about generic upload by users or admin changes to your site?

As an admin,
I have a separate folder in /data/page-media I upload my SVGs to and reference in my pages / templates accordingly.
I can refer to the svg files on tenplates where there is an url option. The question is more on user upload like avatar.
In any case, I have commissioned @Xon to update his SVG addon to support SVG upload for resource icons.

I can refer to the svg files on tenplates where there is an url option. The question is more on user upload like avatar.
In any case, I have commissioned @Xon to update his SVG addon to support SVG upload for resource icons.
It was actually part of attachment improvements (compared to svg templates which does something entirely different with svgs);

Top Bottom