Survivor - Elimination Style variant of Pick'em

Survivor - Elimination Style variant of Pick'em [Paid] 1.2.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)

Bob

Bob B submitted a new resource:

Survivor - Survivor is a Multi Sport based Elimination Pool game (elimination style variant of Pickem)

Survivor is a Multi Sport based Elimination Pool game derived from Yahoo Sports Survival Football (which is a elimination style variant of Pickem).

How is it played? Unlike Pickem in which you attempt to pick the winners of each game for a given week, in Survivor, you only pick one team that you think will win its game in that particular week. Sounds easy enough right? Well, here is the twist on that part... you can only pick a given team ONCE during the entire season....

Read more about this resource...

First, great resource Bob. Really like what you're doing with this one!

Is there any chance of this merging with the standard Pick 'Em that you created? I'd rather give our users the option of doing a standard or survivor style at their discretion.

It's also possible that you're doing that with this add-on, and I just mis-read it haha.

First, great resource Bob. Really like what you're doing with this one!

Is there any chance of this merging with the standard Pick 'Em that you created? I'd rather give our users the option of doing a standard or survivor style at their discretion.

It's also possible that you're doing that with this add-on, and I just mis-read it haha.

Thank you :) As far as merging, I do have plans to have a parent framework that both addons share which will handle the Sport/Season Management end of things. It won't happen until after XF 2.0 tho as it would be a build from the ground up type major rebuild. Its something that I want, so its a 99.9% chance that it will happen ;)

getting this error

Server Error

Undefined index: week_id

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in NFLJ/Survivor/Model/Week.php at line 498
  2. NFLJ_Survivor_Model_Week->canViewComments() in NFLJ/Survivor/Model/Week.php at line 298
  3. NFLJ_Survivor_Model_Week->prepareWeek() in NFLJ/Survivor/ControllerPublic/Pools.php at line 47
  4. NFLJ_Survivor_ControllerPublic_Pools->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxxx/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
getting this error

Server Error

Undefined index: week_id

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in NFLJ/Survivor/Model/Week.php at line 498
  2. NFLJ_Survivor_Model_Week->canViewComments() in NFLJ/Survivor/Model/Week.php at line 298
  3. NFLJ_Survivor_Model_Week->prepareWeek() in NFLJ/Survivor/ControllerPublic/Pools.php at line 47
  4. NFLJ_Survivor_ControllerPublic_Pools->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxxx/index.php at line 13

Someone reported this in the BUGS forum already and its already been fixed in the next version (which will be release sometime today).

cheers,

also it says buy now for $35 i bought directly from your site for $39 :)

not a problem as i just noticed your price here after already purchasing, just letting you know

cheers,

also it says buy now for $35 i bought directly from your site for $39 :)

not a problem as i just noticed your price here after already purchasing, just letting you know

I've had a couple sales and just forgot to change it back here. Going to stop changing the button price here as I always forget to change it back.

sorry just another quick question

Your description states ""you can only pick a given team ONCE during the entire season.""

is that during the season or pool?

eg As i will only be playing 1 strike your out I would probably play numerous pools during the same season. I will only be using one league that the team the forum is based around plays in.

so once a winner is decided and everyone is back in for the next pool, surly members can then pick a team they have once picked before?

Even in a pool if it were to last that long there are 46 weeks to a season and only 24 teams. Its impossible not to pick the same team during a season. its unlikely but possible that a group of members could get to week 24 in a stalemate with no team to pick

Last edited:
sorry just another quick question

Your description states ""you can only pick a given team ONCE during the entire season.""

is that during the season or pool?

eg As i will only be playing 1 strike your out I would probably play numerous pools during the same season. I will only be using one league that the team the forum is based around plays in.

so once a winner is decided and everyone is back in for the next pool, surly members can then pick a team they have once picked before?

Its per Pool.

Resource FAQ updated to add information pertaining Branding Location, Call Home functionality and Code Encryption.

Where is the addon Branding Located? There is a small opaque branding/copyright located in the footer of all addon specific pages only.

Does this addon contain any "call home" code? No, none of my addons contain any "call home" functionality.

Does this addon contain any encrypted code? No, none of my addons contain any encrypted code. All source code is fully visible.

The XenAddons Winter Holiday's Sale is on now and will continue through Christmas & New Years ending on the 4th of January, 2015.

New Customers & Existing License Holders Specials:
  • All currently available addons are $10.00 off.
    • Showcase is on sale for $39.95, however, after the sale, the standard license cost will be increased to $60.
  • All brand removal licenses are 50% off.
  • SPECIAL OFFER: Pre order an AMS (Article Management System) license for $40 ($60 standard license cost).
    • Release date is sometime 1st quarter 2015
NOTE: For bulk purchases (ordering 3 or more licenses), please contact me prior to purchase for additional discount details.

Existing License Holders Only Specials:
  • Upgrade a license from yearly support/downloads to a lifetime support/downloads for $25.00
    • NOTE: bulk discounts do not apply to this offer
  • Limited Offer: purchase an AMS (Article Management System) early adopter license for $75.
    • early access to AMS (pre release Beta/RC versions)
    • use on 2 domains *Note, you must own the 2 domains and own the XF license*
    • 2 branding removal license
    • 2 years of support/downloads.
    • access to the development site
    • Limited Amount of license available. Contact me for more details.

Hi Bob,

I have been looking at this to compliment pickem which I have now modified as desired (thanks for your patience there). Just wondering whether with survivor rather than having only pick one team per season, whether we could have one team per week. The competition I support only has 16 teams and historically we have usually run such a competition via polls and policed the rules ourselves which allows you to not back the same team two games in a row but you can pick them again during the season.

Dan

Hi Bob,

I have been looking at this to compliment pickem which I have now modified as desired (thanks for your patience there). Just wondering whether with survivor rather than having only pick one team per season, whether we could have one team per week. The competition I support only has 16 teams and historically we have usually run such a competition via polls and policed the rules ourselves which allows you to not back the same team two games in a row but you can pick them again during the season.

Dan

I THINK (you'd have to check the suggestion forum when you have a chance) that someone suggested the ability to have the option (per pool) to allow "reuse" of a given team x amount of times and a waiting grace period of x weeks. So Team reuse setting = 2, grace period = 4 would allow you to pick the Steelers in week 1 and again in week 6 (week 2, 3, 4 and 5 would be ineligible). Then if you used the Steelers again, they would now be fully ineligible for the rest of the season.

If its not, just create the suggestion (and toss in my info from this post). It could very well have been someone that sent me an inbox suggestion (which happens a lot lol)

I bet :)

I will take a look and add it if it isnt there, I may get a chance to just buy it and work on it myself if I get this MVP code finished in the next week

Reactions: Bob
I got a question cause I'm not a pro Fantasy but the one on Yahoo is based on players and not on picks no?

Is there any possibility to do the same with your app like the one on Yahoo?

I got a question cause I'm not a pro Fantasy but the one on Yahoo is based on players and not on picks no?

Is there any possibility to do the same with your app like the one on Yahoo?

You are probably thinking of Fantasy Football where you draft players, start them in a lineup and they get points based on how they do in real games. Survivor is based on Survival Football (What Yahoo calls it). It is an elimination variant of pickem (highly popular world wide).

@Bob my survivor league was supposed to open up today so that members can start to make their picks for the week 1 NFL games and get used to the system. However when I try to go to the survivor page on my site I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'NFLJ_Pickem_Model_Comment' not found in /home/rcnitro/public_html/forum/library/NFLJ/Survivor/ControllerPublic/Survivor.php on line 168

I had been able to use the same page several times in the past to see what members have joined different leagues. The only thing that has changed was my attempt to install the latest version of Pushover by @Chris D which I ran into a problem that's been documented in his addon thread here.

Chris says he's got a fix for the Pushover upgrade error (ETA unknown) however is there something I can do in the meantime to get the Survivor addon working again?

Thanks!

Chris says he's got a fix for the Pushover upgrade error (ETA unknown) however is there something I can do in the meantime to get the Survivor addon working again? Thanks!
I am pretty sure that @Chris D would give you a manual fix (if you ask nicely) until he can get a release out. If there is an issue with Survivor, I am sure Chris would let me know right away (which he hasn't). Temp Disabling the addon doesn't work?

Top Bottom