1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supported Elasticsearch Version

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by Bugfix, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Bugfix

Bugfix Member

I developed my site on a dev-server with Elasticsearch 1.1.2 - everything worked fine.
    Today I moved the site to our live-server where we have Elasticsearch 1.3.2!
    I had some very strange bugs with ES1.3.2 so I switched back to 1.1.2.

Are there any known issues with ES1.3.2 - is this version supported? What is the latest supported version of ES?
    I only found that info:

Thank you!
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The latest version of Elasticsearch should work with the latest version of the Enhanced Search add-on. If you upgraded Elasticsearch and aren't running the latest version of the add-on, you may run into some issues.
  3. Bugfix

Bugfix Member

I am using XenForo Enhanced Search 1.1.1. With Elasticsearch 1.1.2 everything worked fine.(y)
    XenForo Enhanced Search 1.1.1. with Elasticsearch 1.3.2 -> strange behavior! :eek::censored::cry:
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What bugs/strange behaviour did you encounter?
  5. Bugfix

Bugfix Member

I use a lot of custom facets. Mapped strings/arrays are getting cropped in ES 1.3.2.
    For example (german words): "hotelbesuch" instead of "hotelbesuche", "begleit" instead of "begleitung"...

I switched back to ES 1.1.2 (without changing ANY code) and after rebuilding the index the facets worked...
  6. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

Any idea which version of ElasticSearch would still be compatible with Enhanced Search 1.0.3? I plan to upgrade the Enhanced Search add-on soon but need to upgrade ElasticSearch now due to a vulnerability, according to my host. I just don't want to break it by upgrading to a version that isn't compatible.

Or, maybe I should just confirm that I can upgrade Enhanced Search to the latest version without upgrading my XF version (still on 1.3).
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

And also it works fine on Elasticsearch v1.3.4
  9. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

I went ahead and upgraded XFES to the latest version and had the host upgrade Elasticsearch to 1.4 last night. So far no errors in the ACP logs. Thanks guys.