• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Supported Elasticsearch Version

Hello!

I developed my site on a dev-server with Elasticsearch 1.1.2 - everything worked fine.
Today I moved the site to our live-server where we have Elasticsearch 1.3.2!
I had some very strange bugs with ES1.3.2 so I switched back to 1.1.2.

Are there any known issues with ES1.3.2 - is this version supported? What is the latest supported version of ES?
I only found that info:
XenForo Enhanced Search requires XenForo 1.1.1 or newer and elasticsearch 0.16.0 or newer.
https://xenforo.com/help/enhanced-search/

Thank you!
Harald

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The latest version of Elasticsearch should work with the latest version of the Enhanced Search add-on. If you upgraded Elasticsearch and aren't running the latest version of the add-on, you may run into some issues.

I am using XenForo Enhanced Search 1.1.1. With Elasticsearch 1.1.2 everything worked fine.(y)
XenForo Enhanced Search 1.1.1. with Elasticsearch 1.3.2 -> strange behavior! :eek::censored::cry:

I use a lot of custom facets. Mapped strings/arrays are getting cropped in ES 1.3.2.
For example (german words): "hotelbesuch" instead of "hotelbesuche", "begleit" instead of "begleitung"...

I switched back to ES 1.1.2 (without changing ANY code) and after rebuilding the index the facets worked...
Strange...

Ludachris

Any idea which version of ElasticSearch would still be compatible with Enhanced Search 1.0.3? I plan to upgrade the Enhanced Search add-on soon but need to upgrade ElasticSearch now due to a vulnerability, according to my host. I just don't want to break it by upgrading to a version that isn't compatible.

Or, maybe I should just confirm that I can upgrade Enhanced Search to the latest version without upgrading my XF version (still on 1.3).

Ludachris

I went ahead and upgraded XFES to the latest version and had the host upgrade Elasticsearch to 1.4 last night. So far no errors in the ACP logs. Thanks guys.