1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lee, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I was given the box set of the series Supernatural for christmas. So far, I am midway through the second series and it has been awesome so far.

Anybody here a fan?!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes.
    Watched every series so far.

As I understand it, another (final) series is planned?

3. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

From what I gather reading round on the internet a 7th series is still just rumoured?!

4. maidos

maidos Active Member

indeed its still rumoured. It all depends on the ratings of this season. The show itself gets interesting now that all freaks have their own hell, purgatory lol
    Wonder if Deaths reasons for bringing Sams sould back was so he can have both brothers investgiate the purgatory. Does reapers take life of the freaks from vampires, ghoul and pagan gods?

5. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Spoilers, please! I'm only at season 2 ;)

6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

The latest season is complete and utter garbage. I'm very disappointed with it after a great previous season.

FreshFroot likes this.
  7. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Argh... went off Supernatural seasons ago... now into Fringe. Got S1 & S2 for birthday... watched them twice already.

8. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Supernatural is Buffy the Vampire Slayer without the T&A. Fringe is X-Files on crack. None of it is worth a damned compared to the greatness of Doctor Who.

MGSteve, FreshFroot and Jo. like this.
  9. Brogan

I don't understand the whole Doctor Who (and Torchwood) thing.
    Sure I used to watch Doctor Who when I was a kid but I wouldn't say it was good adult viewing.

Anthony Parsons and Dragonfly like this.
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

The only good thing about Dr who is the ending theme.

11. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Pfft, you are clearly not on the Amy Pond bandwidth. The new Doctor Who is fantastic stuff.

Have the first five seasons of Supernatural.

12. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

Just my skewed view..

Fan... nope!. Only seen a few early episodes and later ones with Death... Did not like the season ender of number 5, as was expecting an epic battle... Epic Fail was shown instead.

Dr. Who is not bad, but rather watch Red Dwarf re-runs (hope to see this come back). I still laugh at every episode and thou I have seen every show a dozen times, it is still so funny...

13. Brogan

Amy Pond is a whole 'nother issue :D

FreshFroot likes this.
  14. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

No, its not! Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman, Michelle Ryan, Karen Gillan - all part of the reasons to watch Doctor Who. Just don't ask me to explain Catherine Tate.

15. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Well I'm well upset at the moment. One of our new channels, C11 for Aussies, promised new episodes of Supernatural last night, and then proceeded to show episodes from Season 5. Sorry I've got the DVDs, that's hardly new episodes you ****s! Their website quite happily has folks talking about Season 6, just to ensure we all get the spoilers and don't have to watch the actual show. Either this is yet another muck up by Aussie TV, or a despicable attempt to gain viewer share.

While on the subject where the hell is The Walking Dead?

16. Jose Amaral Mota

July 2011, as the season one Blu-Ray / Dvd release is set for March 2011...

It is more Tv Zombies (bland and boring), then Movie Zombies (scary, loud music action). I getting tired of it already. It needs to get your heart pumping, as it is Zombies (ones that can run too!). These producers should introduce some episode with movie like action (load muisc... or just some music), cause it will not last as it stands.

17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

What region are those releases for?

18. Jose Amaral Mota

Amazon US/UK region (1)... seen one site that is region free (not going to recommend them, as I have not bought from that vendor before)

19. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

This whole region thing is complete BS, and leads to more and more illegal downloading... it is about time that they (distribs/ studios/ producers) realised that people will not wait for months or often years to get the shows they want legitimately on DVD, even if they really want to.. it is a stupid situation where you have consumers gagging to throw money at TV show producers, and yet we can't get what we want legally.

Really dumb.

20. Brogan

Blame the movie studios for that one, and the manufacturers for bowing to their demands.

It's the same nonsense related to blocking output to/from HDMI connections to stop recording.