1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestions] Some little Ideas

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by davadude, Aug 1, 2010.

1. davadude

davadude Member

Xenforo team,

I am really enjoying how the software looks and works, you have put a great deal of work into it, and it feels very smooth and nice. I just have these ideas:

-Make the posting/thread creation page a little nicer, more design.
    -On the post-view pages, it looks very white. Try adding some simple borders to make it easier on the eyes.
    -Remove the "your account" tab (the one next to members), we already have the same dropdown on the left.

It looks good, and this may become a purchase I want.

Ahmed and Abdulaziz like this.
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

With regards to the following "On the post-view pages, it looks very white. Try adding some simple borders to make it easier on the eyes." I agree. Some kind of border to distinguish between posts would be nice. Curved edges like what surrounds the avatars would work imo.

davadude likes this.
  3. davadude

davadude Member

Well, a good example could be to make a design for the posting-page that is kind of like IPB's. It's basic, but it looks very nice.

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I agree, the Your Account tab shouldn't be there as we have the same menu with on the right with even more options.

5. davadude

davadude Member

Exactly. It's useless.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You have a valid point concerning the My Account link on the navbar.
    The other two, I rather like as-is.

7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Same, the only problem is the your account link. I like the other 2 the way it is :0

8. davadude

davadude Member

Do you think it will be fully customizable and stylable with CSS, or no?

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You're going to be able to do so much with CSS on this software it'll make your head spin.

For future reference, please post your suggestions each in a separate thread so that Kier and Mike can keep them sorted.
    Thanks! :D

10. davadude

davadude Member

Whoops, ok. Sorry about that. ;)

Also, I hope you're right about that CSS part.

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

No need to apologize. It's for our members' benefit, so that things can get done faster.