Suggestions for "Bigger Features" are often Add-on Requests. New Public Forum needed ?

Digital Doctor

In the non-customer "Public" forums, there are two options to make suggestions:

Suggestions: Tweaks & Small Features
Suggestions: Bigger Features

Unfortunately with only these two options, many Add-on Requests are being filed in the "Bigger Features" section. Would it be a good idea to add a

Addon wishes forum ?

It might make the "Bigger Features" section more useful.

Does anyone really believe a Classifieds Section is a good idea to add to the core of xenforo (Bigger Suggestion) ... or was there no other place to express the desire for a Classifieds addon ?

New forum ?
  • Suggestion: Addon
  • or
  • Addon needs

I think what he's saying is, he can't request an add-on because he's not a customer and so, not allowed to post in that forum. So instead, he has to request add-ons in the request-features (core requirement) forum, when really he just wanted to request an add-on - not a core function.

(But, I could be wrong.)

Notwithstanding the inability of non license holders to post in the customer forums, I think he's saying that some of the threads posted in the suggestions forum would be better off in the add-ons forum as in his opinion they do not warrant being core features.

Essentially, anyone is free to suggest something as a core feature as it is Mike and Kier who will decide what is/isn't included, based partly on the feedback from the community.

If these suggestions are posted in an add-ons forum then they will never be considered for inclusion in the core.

I think what he's saying is, he can't request an add-on because he's not a customer and so, not allowed to post in that forum. So instead, he has to request add-ons in the request-features (core requirement) forum, when really he just wanted to request an add-on - not a core function.
(But, I could be wrong.)

Exactly.

Essentially, anyone is free to suggest something as a core feature as it is Mike and Kier who will decide what is/isn't included, based partly on the feedback from the community.

If these suggestions are posted in an add-ons forum then they will never be considered for inclusion in the core.

People are not requesting Classified should be a part of the Core. Most people know that is not a reasonable request. Please don't say it is a reasonable request and that Kier and Mike can decide. People post obvious addon requests in the "Bigger Modifications" section because there is no other choice !

If I wanted a Classifieds Section ... where would I Post it ?
  • XenForo Pre-Sales and Feedback (no it isnt a feedback)
  • Suggestions: Tweaks & Small Features (no it's not small)
  • Suggestions: Bigger Features
  • Implemented/Resolved Suggestions (cant post here)
  • XenForo Bug Reports (not a bug report)
Only option left is: Suggestions: Bigger Features

Q: Can the addon requests forum be moved to the Public Forums ?
Wouldn't addon developers want more information about current and incoming member's interest in addons ?

Maybe the Paid members section could have a "Custom Coding" request section ?

Top Bottom