1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Tool tip (title) for 'New Posts' Image

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by BirdOPrey5, Aug 12, 2010.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

Since there is no legend (nor do I want one) the little blue dot denoting new posts should really have a title attribute so that mousing over the image tells us what it means (Thread has New Posts) or such.

2. BirdOPrey5

doh... typo on the title. :(

3. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Currently I am sure that image isn't actually an image but a background so it wouldn't be possible, when you hover over the thread title though if it has unread posts it says "Go to first Unread post"

4. BirdOPrey5

I think if you add the title attribute to any element it will show up on a mouse-over so whatever div the background is part of should still work.

5. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

But it isn't just an empty div placed there just for the new icon it is the background of that row... if you add a title attribute to that the mouse-over will work anywhere in that row not just when over the image.

6. BirdOPrey5

Ahhh I looked at the HTML... OK... well... oh well.

7. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

This is only because of how it is currently implemented, if Kier or Mike change this implementation then it will be easy to do what you want :D

8. Floris

Floris Guest

I think it will be quite easy to do :)