• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [SUGGESTION] Smilies shown/Expanded

Edrondol

I added a bunch of smilies to my site and they stretch WAY down the page. Is there going to be a max amount of smilies shown and the ability to expand to see more? Like it will show 10 and then have a "see all" that pops up?

jasetaro

I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but I moved my forum over from VB4 were I had alot -- over 100 smilies. moving those over to XF makes the editors smilie menu unacceptably long. I would be great if the after the first dozen smilies there was "more" button that would open a new window or an ajax smilie picker.

I've attached a screen shot so you see what problem look like.
xf_smilie.jpg

Shelley

There's plenty of talk about a more advance smiley structure and features/layout I suggested stamp all issues out. I predicted such issues when a lot of smilies are used it's something on xenforo I want to see put right and not only see the implementation of a new structure taken with great care which I'm sure it will be.

Here's a suggestion I posted a while back http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-smilies-under-type-box.1190/

iTuN3r

As i noticed smilies dropdown menu is vertical can we have it tweaked little bit and make it work like this as shown in image below .

Box can have 8-12 default smilies shown and rest can go to show more pop up page or something.

example.jpg

This would be great for everyone . Hope this will be considered and make it happen in next upcoming update.

Thanks
iPwN

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There's already a suggestion on this so I will merge the threads as they are essentially asking for the same thing.

Kim

As i noticed smilies dropdown menu is vertical can we have it tweaked little bit and make it work like this as shown in image below .

Box can have 8-12 default smilies shown and rest can go to show more pop up page or something.

View attachment 5420

This would be great for everyone . Hope this will be considered and make it happen in next upcoming update.

Thanks
iPwN

I'm liking it! :D

Staxed

So, I just added about 150 smilies to one of my forums I'm setting up. When I click the smilie icon while making a message, the dropdown is about 2500 pixels long with all the smilies in it.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that limits the amount in that dropdown and adds a 'show all' link, or is this not an option?

If it isn't an option, it really needs to be added.

Staxed

Nope you didn't miss anything, there isn't one. And I do agree. It's been suggested more than a few times.
so it has been, lol. I searched before I posted this thread, and just now realized I searched for Smelies instead of smilies which would be why I didn't see them...oops

Staxed

I'm sure once the devs get around to focusing on the smiley manger we will see some significant improvements. There is a happyplace smiley mod available that is better than using the dreaded dropdown menu of death http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-happy-place-clickable-smilies-under-editor-control.8229/
I have that installed, only issue with it is it leaves the standard dropdown there still. I tried removing the default one and it made the happyplace mod stop working