Suggestion: let us change our user titles when we hit 1500 posts.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could change our own titles after 1500 posts?

• Yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

anotheralias

Once we get to 1000 there isn't much left in the way of juicy titles. They're all just some variation of, you post a lot. 1500 -- even better known! 2000 -- known bigtime! 5000 -- known squared! and so on. If you see what I mean.

Being able to change our title would be a much better incentive to keep posting, instead of slacking off with a few Likes and the occasional random comment. Don't you think?

I'm not to fussed about how this poll swings. The benefits I find about not having the abilty in editing posts is that in entices you to be more thoughtful in what to title that post. The amount of "sloppy" titles I've seen on other forums due to people just wanting to write and get their post submit normally results in sloppy titles.

If I wish for a title change I'll report the post and ask for an edit which each and every time I've requested has been done fast by a member of staff.

I think he meant having a custom title, rather than 'Well-Known Member' and such.

In theory, I'd agree, because it's nice to be able to change it. However, I don't feel like spamming and it will be abused by people. Besides, this is a company forum..

I don't see what is so wrong with being able to have a custom user title. Anyone who abuses it can easily have that permission revoked.

The thread title is misleading - despite saying "thread", I think the OP is referring to Member Title (under username on left) - which is something I think would be useful (for us board owners to be able to offer to our members) but maybe not so useful for xF company forums (due to being open to abuse and/or adding to the moderators duties).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Damn, I am never starting another thread - for some reason my brain just goes on vacation while I'm typing the title. EVERY TIME. I meant, change the titles under our usernames. Not, change our thread titles. And, after 1500 posts - which ought to cut down on the abuse factor.

(Although ironically, this thread makes a good case for why we should be able to change our own thread titles. But I'm not ever starting another thread anyway, so I don't care.)

If it were thread titles it would be cool, but user titles? No.

People will start with the "ME SO AWESOME" stuff and that ruines the forums in my eyes.

Ruin might be a little bit much, but it's unpleasent I think.
It's good as it is for me.
I just don't see how a small piece of text under a member's username can make it unpleasant. We already have a few special cases of those who have been allowed a custom title. In all honesty, the thing that ruins forums for me is when it's under such tight moderation.
I don't see how that's any different from the variations of "ME SO AWESOME" in sigs.
Couldn't agree more. In fact, there is more "spam" in signatures than there would be in user titles. Might as well take that away from us, too.

I just don't see how a small piece of text under a member's username can make it unpleasant. We already have a few special cases of those who have been allowed a custom title. In all honesty, the thing that ruins forums for me is when it's under such tight moderation.
Hey, that's just my opinion. Yours can be different...
I'm just saying that I'd never do such things on my forums, but it's still up to Mike'n Kier.

Good idea :) one that is pretty common on even the strictest Tech sites, after a certain amount of posts there are a few rewards, one of which is often the ability to give yourself a custom Title.

Top Bottom