1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Emulate conversations into forum node

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Floren, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I was wondering how difficult would be to emulate the Conversations functionality for threads, into a specific forum?
    For example, I start a thread into a forum where only the thread starter (myself) and any administrator (Kier or Mike) can read its contents (presuming this option exist already?). After reading the thread content, Mike decides that Peggy (moderator, not allowed to read the threads of others) is more experienced and invite her into discussion.

If you are an administrator (or whatever usergroup you decide to have "Conversation" permissions), the above mentioned option will allow you to invite other users into discussion.
    I think is very useful for people who want to emulate a ticketing system with a node.

Miko likes this.
  2. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

What's the difference between this and Personal Conversations as they are now? (Other than the conversations being in a forum instead of in the Private Conversations area)

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I *think*:
    • There are no attachments in PCs
    • There are no way to search PCs

4. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Okay, fair enough. So it would basically be a forum where members can only view the threads they have started. (like the vB feature).

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Isn't that an ACP option?
    I hope so...

6. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I don't think so. That should probably go in its own suggestion thread if there isn't one already.

7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I've been hoping for both search & attachments for a long time now for the PCs.

(curious how many PCs Kier may have to keep track of)

8. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

My wish is to emulate the Conversation invites, into a regular thread.