1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-forums?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Neil E., Mar 5, 2013.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

2. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Yo dude,

Go to your admin panel and click on Node List. Then click on Create a new node. When you are creating it, make the partent category the forum you wish for it to be a child forum of.

3. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

Hmmm, I didn't explain that very well. I am looking at having only sub-nodes in a category. The idea is to reduce the real estate used for a group of nodes that get very little use. I see now that the default setup requires one node in the category so that it is the main node for all the sub-nodes. Perhaps I am better off to change the appearance of the nodes so they just take up less space.

4. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I've been poking away at this and getting closer to a layout that works for me. The problem is that I want users to go ONLY to the sub-forums. That means the h3 title "Corporate Sponsors" must not have a working link (it could however go to the forum index so the same page loads).

node_44 contains all the node content, the only thing different is that the sub-nodes exist in subForumsPopup/subForumsMenu.

Suggestions on varoius methods to deactivate the link?

2013-03-08 18_51_50-Ontario Dual Sport Club.jpg