1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Styling RecentNews Xenporta

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Enguerran A, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

I'm trying to customize this block and I'm not very good with css :'(

Basically, what I want is very simple, I want all my news to be displayed like this but I don't know how to get it working. I tried many things but none was good. Is anyone able to help to achieve that?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You should ask in the XenPorta thread.
  3. TsinJu

TsinJu Well-Known Member

btw. thats not only a css thingy...
    I have done some styling on my News Look too, also know nothing (well very less) about coding. you will need to change the News TemplateĀ“s Code too, to get a rsult you will like
    If you use a code inspector like Firebug and co. its easy to find the parts you need (Code and CSS)

Setup a Testforum and Play around a bit.
    One change is already posted http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenporta-linux-org-modified-recentnews.2189/

As a suggestion. Dont touch the Original Templates, for CSS changes use Extra.css or any own css Templates, for Code Changes use the Template Modification System.
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Actually with template history now (on 1.2) it's safe to modify the templates. :p
    Amaury and TsinJu like this.
  5. TsinJu

TsinJu Well-Known Member

True, but i am Oldschool ;)