• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Style: Valentine's Day (Sneak Peak)

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Floris

Anybody interested in a Valentine's Day Style?

Screen%20shot%202011-02-12%20at%203.38.51%20PM.png

looks great Floris !

who made this style ? yourself ?
Is it possible to see this style online ?

Is this the default style with just color-changes or has anything else been changed ?
Is it possible to use this style with XF version Beta5 ?

Many thanks!

Yes, I made it :)

5:44 PM .. 15 more minutes and the style will be available to staff & premium members on xenfans.
In a few hours it will become available to the rest of the xenfans members and after that I will publish it on xenforo before dutch midnight.

Screen%20shot%202011-02-12%20at%204.48.57%20PM.png

the colors look nice, but I think some text is quite bright and hard to read, like e.g. "Discussions", "Messages", etc.
Probably make it a bit darker ? Just a suggestion.....

Great style anyway!

I've bumped the bright pink for that small text to a darker version, so it's a bit easier to read.

Tests seem to be fine, here's an example of running it on a live site, as a child theme, after importing the .xml
Screen-shot-2011-02-12-at-7.10.35-PM.png

A bit of a delay, I found out that clicking on [more options] on in-line edit for some unknown-to-me reason is breaking the page. I don't know if it is caching, apc, a bug in xf, or a stupid css mistake I made or whatever. But to avoid broken nonsense, I will delay it slightly.

It seems whatever I have done appears to have fixed it. The .zip was tested by a few premium and staff members, and has just been released to the xenfans.com registered members.

After I get some feedback, hopefully positive, I will try to improve the style on the 12th/13th and release it on xenforo.com here before the 14th.

Won't lie went to site yesterday checked the them but i felt it's too girly ....i switched back to original xenfans style :p Logo is nice so is background but forum colours combination is not so eye catching.

Won't lie went to site yesterday checked the them but i felt it's too girly ....i switched back to original xenfans style :p Logo is nice so is background but forum colours combination is not so eye catching.

Valentine's Day theme with trucks and guns .. doesn't really warm the ladies up, does it :) Thanks on the feedback, like I said, the time I had to spend on it was rather limited, and I wish I could have done more with it.

At least it's not filled with tables and bubbly icons and overkill of margin -5 .png images in every corner

It's just for Valentines, and that's just a day. Users always ask how to have their style + skin for Valentines, this overlays just fine on them and those who like it can use it.

Valentine's Day theme with trucks and guns .. doesn't really warm the ladies up, does it :) Thanks on the feedback, like I said, the time I had to spend on it was rather limited, and I wish I could have done more with it.

At least it's not filled with tables and bubbly icons and overkill of margin -5 .png images in every corner

It's just for Valentines, and that's just a day. Users always ask how to have their style + skin for Valentines, this overlays just fine on them and those who like it can use it.

Ye well it's hard to please everyone but when you mentioned about Valentine skin i was expecting something better :P well no worries hopefully in future you might get time to come up with better ones .

http://inspireromance.com/

i find this 10times better when comparing to that :p sorry about it .
That looks great as well, just kinda dull, not really my thing. It's like a simple red-theme with a romantic header. And that's it. If you remove the background from my style and replace the header, change the pink to red, it's basically the same. So I write this off as personal preference. I don't see any real improvements between the two. Thanks for the link. I think that the red-red color might work a lot better for some people.

That looks great as well, just kinda dull, not really my thing. It's like a simple red-theme with a romantic header. And that's it. If you remove the background from my style and replace the header, change the pink to red, it's basically the same. So I write this off as personal preference. I don't see any real improvements between the two. Thanks for the link. I think that the red-red color might work a lot better for some people.

It's not like i don't like purple colour being used on skin but there it looks overuse of purple everywhere (thats why i mentioned girilsh) simple and clean looks much professional rather then trying to change whole skin with busy colours ....it's not matching with the background you have used there .

It's not like i don't like purple colour being used on skin but there it looks overuse of purple everywhere (thats why i mentioned girilsh) simple and clean looks much professional rather then trying to change whole skin with busy colours ....it's not matching with the background you have used there .

I will experiment with the purple vs red if I have some extra time today. Appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

Great :p Will wait for some changes .
I will spend more than a few minutes on it, obviously, but that does mean that the current version which users can easily update themselves is now available on xenfans and I will upload the xenforo one if I get around to it before the 14th. no use releasing it at the end of valentines of course - we will just keep it for next year then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom