</xen:sidebar>

Directly after add this:
Code:
<xen:else />This content is visible to members only</xen:if>

So it looks like this:
Code:
</xen:sidebar>
<xen:else />This content is visible to members only</xen:if>

You can obviously change the text to whatever you wish, or even insert a template there, etc.

Thanks for this, I think I need to look at our config really, it's fairly unique and I don't think this would solve our problem.

All of our members are in the "guest" group as their primary group and then have an additional group when they pay, wrapping the list template in a conditional would stop everyone from viewing the list who is in the "guest" group, which is everyone.

Guests are unregistered members.

So as long as your members have confirmed their accounts then they are no longer classed as guests.

What do you mean "confirmed" their accounts? If they have "Guest" as their primary group and "Member" as their secondary group then I understand that their permission set inherits the better permissions from the "member" group but if I used your conditional example above would that stop ANYONE who is in the Guest group from seeing the list? Would anyone with an additional group (with better permissions) be allowed to see that list?

XenForo doesn't have a usergroup named Guest, so which user group are you referring to?

When a user is registered, their primary usergroup is Registered (user group ID 2).

What do you mean "confirmed" their accounts? If they have "Guest" as their primary group and "Member" as their secondary group...
You're doing it all wrong.

Read the manual as to how to set up user groups: http://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/

Specifically: "It is recommended however that all users have the Registered user group set as their primary user group and any additional groups they are members of are set as secondary groups. This makes it easy to manage permissions due to the cumulative nature in which they are applied."

Top Bottom