Stock Trader [Deleted]

I made a small adjustment for the stock symbol auto complete result box to look better on a dark background such as Flexile Dark.

I changed the color of the styles/flexiledark/nflj/stocktrader/jqueryui/images/ui-bg_glass_65_ffffff_1x400.png image from #fff to #333.

I wasn't able to make a decent change through the EXTRA.css, because removing the background image leaves the auto-complete result box transparent.

There might be a better way to fix that, but that's the only change I made for it to look ok with a dark theme.

Great product! Thanks.

Reactions: Bob
I made a small adjustment for the stock symbol auto complete result box to look better on a dark background such as Flexile Dark.

I changed the color of the styles/flexiledark/nflj/stocktrader/jqueryui/images/ui-bg_glass_65_ffffff_1x400.png image from #fff to #333.

I wasn't able to make a decent change through the EXTRA.css, because removing the background image leaves the auto-complete result box transparent.

There might be a better way to fix that, but that's the only change I made for it to look ok with a dark theme.

Great product! Thanks.

Good to hear that it plays well with flexile. If you find anything else, just let me know (or toss it in the bugs forum)..

-B

Is it possible to show "net worth" under an avatar ?

not without some coding as its not a statically stored value that is stored in the user table. Its a combo of cash on hand from what ever cash/points/credits system you are using, plus the market value of your stocks.

any way to limit the stocks they can buy?? I'm working on an industry specific site and this would be awesome!!! But I"d like to limit it to only stocks in that industry. I can always just make that part of the rules, but it might be cool to just limit the stocks available first.

any way to limit the stocks they can buy?? I'm working on an industry specific site and this would be awesome!!! But I"d like to limit it to only stocks in that industry. I can always just make that part of the rules, but it might be cool to just limit the stocks available first.

to a point, yes (with some minor tweaks), that is easy to pull off... for example, limiting to only purchasing Dow Industrials. I'd need to know the exact specifics tho in order to suggest the best way of doing it. That is how I do the Tabs for Popular Stocks.

I was thinking more like a list of the stocks you can have. Seems like it might be pretty easy, just needs a list of stock symbols and some sort of filter for the lists / apis that only include those stocks?

Just thinking this might open it up to contests and such where you use say, the top 100 stocks, or even energy stocks, drink stocks, tech stocks, game stocks, soup stock, whatever fits the forum. A "mini exchange" might be more valuable to some? or just me? lol

I just remember playing a game a while back, Forbes, I think, where we had the "stock market challenge" to see who could make the most in three months or something, but we had a choice of certain stock, i just can't remember what the criteria was... energy companies I think.. alternate energy maybe.

Anyway, seems simple enough? but the devils in the details and i've not seen how this addon works at all! lol...

The way I do the Popular Stocks Tabs (Like the DOW) is via an array of stock symbols. You could do the same by converting one of the popular stocks tab to a custom listing of only approved stocks, then remove the lookup and force them to do all purchases from the 2 tabs (User Stocks and the Custom Tab). You could easily do this in one afternoon with a little guidance. The longest part would be creating the array of stock symbols.

Hi, I tried signing up to the demo site, and it says that I have "insufficient privileges" to purchase stocks or reply in the presale forums. I have signed up using my xenforo username.

Any Help is appreciated.

Hi, I tried signing up to the demo site, and it says that I have "insufficient privileges" to purchase stocks or reply in the presale forums. I have signed up using my xenforo username.

Any Help is appreciated.

You have access to the demo now (and should be able to post in pre sales). You will need to be verified before gaining access to the store tho.

The Winner of the Stock Trader Contest is:

Mrs C w/ Total Invested: $3,838.30 Market Value:$4,065.92 Gain: $227.62 (5.93%)

Mrs C wins an Unbranded version of Stock Trader ($85 value)

CONGRATS Mrs C!

Coming in 2nd was: jfuqua w/Total Invested: $3,353.65 Market Value:$3,523.99 Gain: $170.34 (5.08%)

Coming in 3rd was: Syndol w/Total Invested: $4,342.37 Market Value:$4,504.80 Gain: $162.43 (3.74%)

Also, as a Surprise, I've decided (because I can) to also award (because I can) both jfuqua and Syndol a Stock Trader license ($35 value).

Thank you too all that participated. I will be running another Stock Trader Contest soon.

Thank you Bob (y)
This contest was great fun.
I highly recommend this add-on to any admin who wishes to provide their members with long term entertainment.

Thank you again Bob. I love this add on, just got it installed and up and running without a hitch. My members are so happy that they finally have a way to use some of their "cash"

Suggest to implement a function to block after hour trading.
My user find a way to cheat the market by reading the after hour news, Then buy the stock before the market open at last day close price. He made a lot money :)

Suggest to implement a function to block after hour trading.
My user find a way to cheat the market by reading the after hour news, Then buy the stock before the market open at last day close price. He made a lot money :)

In other words, he is just taking a gamble the stock tip turns out true?

Top Bottom