1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still gettin confused with FB App

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by bogus, May 27, 2011.

1. bogus

bogus Guest

this Facebook makes me crazy, but some of my users want me to set this app up...
    Just for my understanding, because it looks like i have done some things wrong in the past with Facebook...
    I have setup a profile named brain lag, because just brainlag isnt possible this way. anyway.
    A friend just told me that i can set up a page which is better instead of using my profile for all the likes... just done this and the site is up here.
    Well. Now i want to setup the integration app as described here but where? in my Profile? or in the Page... this is confusing me. Profile, Site. here something, there a bit... i really go nuts

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. bogus

bogus Guest

Hi brogan, thanks for replying..... If i set up the app as described i have to enter the url from our board. Till there it works all well but if click the app i will be redirected to something that looks like a site too? Or can i link the app with the site i created

4. Brogan

Sorry but I don't understand.

Really all you need to do is follow the instructions in the manual exactly, and it will all work.

5. bogus

bogus Guest

ok. done but i do get This public profile is not visible.
    I was using this before...and there it worked all fine. I have this "error" now since 5-7 Days...

6. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Set your "Age Restrictions " in the Page "Settings" to "Anyone +13". This will get rid of your error message "This public profile is not visible.".

7. bogus

bogus Guest

Already done that. Changed to page - setup page - Age Restrictions = Any +13

8. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Well that's the fix for the error you got.. Ask on dev facebook people might give a new fix.
    Got link to the page where the box is?

9. bogus

bogus Guest

Sure. http://www.brainlag.eu/

Edit: Got it working.. Dont ask me what or why ;)
    Thanks everybody for supporting me... FB is a mess ;)

10. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Opps sorry I mean your facebook fan page.. (sorry)

huh its working fine :)

Untitled.jpg

11. bogus

bogus Guest

Had to edit my Post. I was "frickeling" a bit around and got it somehow....
    But u dont get a pic... weird

12. Brogan

You're talking about a Facebook group?

I thought you were talking about Facebook integration which allows registering and signing in?

The two aren't related at all.

13. bogus

bogus Guest

aha....you see i still dont understand Facebook.. I dont know whats the difference...
    I was asking that before, some time ago, what the Fb button in the reg is for?

14. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

I knew what he was on about :p ive seen that error before lol
    But yea from the first post it sounds like the integration :D

15. Brogan

Indeed, considering he linked to the page in the Help Manual asking how to set up integration...