1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff online list

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by The Dark Wizard, Aug 9, 2011.

1. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

On the sidebar how do I keep users who are moderators of a single section out of the list? On my site storytellers who are running any stories or games have control over their section but are not on our official staff.
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

sidebar_online_users template

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 4} OR {$user.is_admin}"> <xen:comment> it was this, changed so only members of group #4 show up<xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}"> </xen:comment>

That was the solution I used, only admins and members of group #4 showed up. Our forum moderators are not part of Group #4 (Moderating group), only super mods are.

<Credit goes to a Jake Bunce post, where that post lives *somewhere* else on xf.com>

If you want regular mods to see your moderators forum, you could have a separate group for them to be in - and set that separate group to also see your moderators forum.
    Ingenious likes this.