1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 "Spam" Cleaner Link Missing Post-Upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by taylor_smith, Feb 23, 2014.

1. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Hello! Just upgraded http://stratics.com/community to 1.3. The "Spam" cleaner link is missing from messages. Double-checked usergroup and mod permissions. I've even tried creating a new default theme, no modifications at all, but still no link.

How an I re-add?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

taylor_smith likes this.
  3. taylor_smith

Thanks, will check.

4. ReneHermi

ReneHermi Member

@taylor_smith problem solved? Have the same issue after updating from 1.2. > 1.3. All Spam-Cleaner Links are not shown for my admin account

5. ReneHermi

ReneHermi Member

Solution:
    The new default settings for the spam cleaner message count criteria is senseless, totally wrong and absolutely working into the opposite direction than it should:
    • A real Spammer is effective and posts dozens or hundreds of new posts within a very short time. So the limit of 30 posts is no guarantee that he is not a spammer and it will prevent you from opening the spam cleaner for anyone who posted 30 and more junk into your lovely forum
    This default setting should be zero.

Just my 2 cents.
    Unbenannt.PNG

6. Brogan

It's not new, the settings haven't changed since the very first release.

7. ReneHermi

ReneHermi Member

Ok, than it must be a unhappy coincidence that i noticed first time missing edit links after updating the forum.

Thanks!

8. taylor_smith

@ReneHermi Was the same for me. Just a coincidence that shortly after upgrading, a sleeper bot decided to post.

9. I don't see the link on either of my XenForo installations either. How did you guys get it turned back on? I have it set for Admins AND my personal account...

10. Brogan

It will be due to permissions or the criteria.

11. I just don't see what it could be. What kind of other criteria? I'll send in a support ticket...

12. Brogan

Have you run the permissions analyser?

13. Brogan

I have responded to your ticket.

Your spam cleaner criteria had a maximum message count of 30.
    Spammers with 1000+ posts are not going to qualify.

You will need to increase it or remove the limit entirely by setting it to 0.