1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Sound Notification *Free*

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by IFeelYourPain13, Jan 7, 2012.

1. IFeelYourPain13

IFeelYourPain13 Active Member

Free version download link available via above website^

I am releasing Sound Notification based off of my prior vBulletin modification here.

There is a free and donate version.

Premium version will also sport no template edits, and install of custom profile fields when I have time to go more into the install scripting.

Only $5 for premium version!

Currently in Premium:
    Enable
    Play on Index Only
    Different Notification Sound for Inbox and for Alerts
    User Preferences to Disable
    User Preferences to Set Custom URL for Sound
    User Preferences to Set Volume of Sound

Future Builds:
    No Template Edits
    No Creating Profile Fields
    Permissions
    Anything you can suggest, drop me a line on XenForo.

You need to register, once you register an automatic message will be sent to you.

Screens
    Sound Notification1.jpg

Sound Notification2.jpg

Daniel Thomann likes this.
  2. nusapromo

nusapromo Member

where the free version?

3. Daniel Thomann

Daniel Thomann Active Member

Sadly no mail received since 48 h...

4. IFeelYourPain13

It would have brought you to a confirmation page. If you did not get your password to the file, please send me a conversation with confirmation number from paypal, and I will send you password.

5. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Same here. Will send the transactio ID in PC.

6. IFeelYourPain13

I went ahead and emailed everyone the password who purchased. I don't know why paypal is not sending the password as it is suppose to... My apologies. After purchasing a license, PC me and I will reply back with password. Only 4 more licenses left and the beta will be closed. I am trying to release the next version, but got called in for overtime at my work, so not too much time on my hands. Busy time of the year. Look forward to new release over weekend, will email everyone who paypaled me the new version.

I still fully support this mod, work has just gotten very busy over the holidays. Should clear up soon. If anyone who has purchased beta is interested, for the trouble and being patient, I will throw in my Youtube via Profile mod. PC me if interested in a copy.
    Demo

Username: Test
    Password: test123

7. Daniel Thomann

8. IFeelYourPain13

PREMIUM 2.0 RELEASED!
    Thanks to everyone that signed up for beta, I sent you guys the new version via email.

Due to the 10 licenses being sold, the price has been raised to $5 and will remain there.

2.0 Changelog:
    Added notifications for alerts
    Added preferences for users so they can disable the the notification, change the notification sound, or change the volume.
    Added global function for disabling notifications for alerts.
    Optimized code

Coming Soon:
    Usergroup Permissions
    Auto Install of Profile Fields

ALWAYS TAKING SUGGESTIONS!

EDIT: Volume controls now work with Google Chrome!

Rich and Daniel Thomann like this.
  9. Daniel Thomann

Thanks for that :) I have posted a hook suggestion here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-hooks.7909/page-10#post-316021

10. IFeelYourPain13

No problem. There's a template hook right above the conversation popup, but it doesn't serve much purpose, maybe with suggestion we will get somewhere.

@Free Users: I got some things to add to the free version too when I get some time.

11. James

James Well-Known Member

megaupload has taken down, is there an alternative link to download the free version?

12. IFeelYourPain13

Ahhh. Well when I get home I will upload it to the post itself. If anyone has the FREE version, feel free to post it for James.

James likes this.
  13. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

What is "Auto Install of Profile Fields" ? Also, I was curious what the feedback from forum end users has been? I think having a sound is a good idea but I can see if you get lots of alerts that it could be annoying.

14. James

James Well-Known Member

Auto install of profile fields is so you don't have to manually create the custom profile fields.

15. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

What custom profile fields are needed? Does this mean just creating profile fields to turn the sound on or off? What exactly are we creating in the profile area, I don't understand this part.

16. James

James Well-Known Member

Those, I'm guessing.

17. theonlymagik

theonlymagik Member

can you put a new link up megaupload is down

18. IFeelYourPain13

In the vBulletin version I used cookies so after they heard the sound once, they would not hear it every time, because a lot of people don't check their inbox everyday. I am working on incorporating this into the premium version. However if it does bother members, they can disable the sound or change it to their own via preferences as long as you set up the profile field.

UPDATE: Uploaded free version to Sendspace. Also added INDEX only option to AdminCP in free version. You can download here.

19. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Well-Known Member

Watching this with a lot of interest....

I'll wait until there's no edits etc needed though :)

Good job!

ankurs likes this.
  20. IFeelYourPain13

XF isn't exactly as easy as vB to apply template edits in a modification, but me and a few others are working on it.