sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

I noticed something that doesn't look right in addon-sonnb_xengallery.xml, line 3671:
Code:
<sub_options>phpBB 3.0.x - Gallery 1.1.x (flying-bits)</sub_options>

That doesn't look like a valid sub_options value to me.

Also would you consider removing the @version metadata from the header of your files? It makes it very hard to find what actually changed from version to version, since it means that every single file changes on every release.

I noticed something that doesn't look right in addon-sonnb_xengallery.xml, line 3671:
Code:
<sub_options>phpBB 3.0.x - Gallery 1.1.x (flying-bits)</sub_options>

That doesn't look like a valid sub_options value to me.
I have removed them all since 2.6.4 fix A.

Also would you consider removing the @version metadata from the header of your files? It makes it very hard to find what actually changed from version to version, since it means that every single file changes on every release.
I would think about that when I do the new one for XF2.

I am getting the dreaded "Your photo is too big. Please try to resize or upload another photo. "

Current version of Xengallery and Xenforo. File is 6000*4000 and is 4MB in size. Xengallery settings allow 10MB and 10k*10k dimensions.

php.ini allows 50MB uploads, and I have this set in config.php:

"$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 24000000;"

If I use the standard Xenforo attachment uploader - works fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
sonnb submitted a new resource:

sonnb - XenGallery - Modern Albums and Photos Gallery for your XenForo

Read more about this resource...
I looked at the screenshots and searched this thread, but I cannot determine the answer to the following question:
This would make XenGallery attractive for us, as XMG's lack of ability to sort by title rules it out.

I went through 60 pages and I can't find the answer. How do I rename Gallery to Member Gallery? I already have a photo gallery on the blog part of my website and I don't want to confuse people.

Will you be making a XF 2.x version in the future?

Can it auto subscribe to a you tube channel to pull down new videos as they are added?

Thank you

Hi, is there a widget available for Xenporta 2 or Widget Framework that will show a random photo from a chosen album?

I don't think there is a random image widget, it would be nice to have one so there are fresh images on every home page load. These are the current BD Widgets

1502632809132.webp

Just installed and data imported from vB 3.8. All seems OK, but I'm getting this error rebuilding image Thumbnails.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function exif_read_data() - library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/PhotoData.php:451
Generated By: xxx, Hoy a las 9:21 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Solicitar estado
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "http://---.com/xf/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["redirect"] => string(35) "http://---.com/xf/admin.php"
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Seems that this is related to the EXIF data. PHP EXIF extension not installed in our server, as first post states that this is not really compulsory, so this should no matter...or maybe yes ?

Additionally, the rebuild process goes into a loop, that I ended removing manually some rebuild record in xf_deferred table.

Any suggerences ?

Last edited:
I was wondering if there is a decent way to adjust the display results for tag searches that would allow me to automatically display it by most recently posted photos. I feel like that's the most intuitive way to display tag search results for a community-based website, so people don't have to scroll through ages and ages of content relevant to what they want to see just to get to the new stuff. I would really appreciate some help with this! :)

I am getting the dreaded "Your photo is too big. Please try to resize or upload another photo. "

Current version of Xengallery and Xenforo. File is 6000*4000 and is 4MB in size. Xengallery settings allow 10MB and 10k*10k dimensions.

php.ini allows 50MB uploads, and I have this set in config.php:

"$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 24000000;"

If I use the standard Xenforo attachment uploader - works fine.

Any ideas?
Do you set the photo size, width and height in the user permission?
For upgrading, do you simply override? The install file says that is for clean installs only?
You just need to overwrite the current files.
I looked at the screenshots and searched this thread, but I cannot determine the answer to the following question:
This would make XenGallery attractive for us, as XMG's lack of ability to sort by title rules it out.
No you cannot. Here is the current supported sort options:
1509775171568.webp
Due to the speed of text short, it is not available yet. And also the title is not mandatory by default so the option is not available.
I went through 60 pages and I can't find the answer. How do I rename Gallery to Member Gallery? I already have a photo gallery on the blog part of my website and I don't want to confuse people.
You can rename the phrase using XF admin.
Will you be making a XF 2.x version in the future?

Can it auto subscribe to a you tube channel to pull down new videos as they are added?

Thank you
Yes. It will be available on XF 2 for sure. For the requested feature, I am not sure it will be available.
Hi, is there a widget available for Xenporta 2 or Widget Framework that will show a random photo from a chosen album?
I don't think there is a random image widget, it would be nice to have one so there are fresh images on every home page load. These are the current BD Widgets

View attachment 155731
Thanks.

Yes, that's exactly the type of thing I'm after.

Yes, you can. You can add the widget and in the widget, you can choose "Random" for the "Fetching option" option.

Just installed and data imported from vB 3.8. All seems OK, but I'm getting this error rebuilding image Thumbnails.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function exif_read_data() - library/sonnb/XenGallery/Model/PhotoData.php:451
Generated By: xxx, Hoy a las 9:21 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Solicitar estado
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "http://---.com/xf/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["redirect"] => string(35) "http://---.com/xf/admin.php"
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Seems that this is related to the EXIF data. PHP EXIF extension not installed in our server, as first post states that this is not really compulsory, so this should no matter...or maybe yes ?

Additionally, the rebuild process goes into a loop, that I ended removing manually some rebuild record in xf_deferred table.

Any suggerences ?
You need to enable the exif extension in PHP.ini to make this works.

I was wondering if there is a decent way to adjust the display results for tag searches that would allow me to automatically display it by most recently posted photos. I feel like that's the most intuitive way to display tag search results for a community-based website, so people don't have to scroll through ages and ages of content relevant to what they want to see just to get to the new stuff. I would really appreciate some help with this! :)
It is not yet available but I think you can do that with XF tag when XenGallery is migrated to XF tag (in XF2).

Top Bottom