sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Hi. Just installed the addond after a fresh install coming from a vb 4 installation :
Thank you for the good work !

My question (I feel stupid but it's not working and I have triple checked the tables names..)

When I try to import the users albums from vb4 : it says
Erreur
Le préfixe de la table ou le nom de la BDD est incorrect.

Any ideas ?

Hello, I am using the latest version and I have a problem that was reported here but solved with latest updateds. Some images are not visible. I added about 10 albums and everything was fine, then I added the watermark option and after that a few photos ar visible, other are not.
View attachment 142210

another problem it seems that custom fields are not ordered in the way I set.

For the first issue, did you try to rebuild contents yet?
2nd issue: It displays incorrectly in all UIs or just some?

Will it work with TinyMCE Quattro Editor?
I am not sure about this. It does if the editor follow the XF listeners.

Hi. Just installed the addond after a fresh install coming from a vb 4 installation :
Thank you for the good work !

My question (I feel stupid but it's not working and I have triple checked the tables names..)

When I try to import the users albums from vb4 : it says
Erreur
Le préfixe de la table ou le nom de la BDD est incorrect.

Any ideas ?
Just for information, I am working on this with him.

I have 4 custom fields applied to one category, the Applicable Content Type is set to ALL.
In photo edit and album view they are not ordered, and seems they are in alphabetical order.

Hi,
I've some problems with sharing with Pinterest: I always get only a black window if i try it. Any ideas?
Kai

@sonnb I own a forum that revolved around personal dating posts and also photo share. You have a wonderful product here and I would like to check if it is possible to import all the 2k photos threads over along with its comment posts? Would it require additional work? If yes, do you provide such service?

Secondly, We also would wish to use your video mod too but we wish to separate it into another section/ tab. Not wanting to confuse our existing users, can it be done easily?

This addon looks very promising, @sonnb . However, I already use XenMediaGallery. What is the advantage of sonnb gallery compared to XenMediaGallery?

For example I have one issue with XenMediaGallery. I would need different Image sizes for Albums (portrait images - for example for book covers) and preview images for videos. Can I have different preview images sizes for different albums?

Last edited:
Would it be possible to filter using tags, so I can do something, for example, like not show all items with a specific tag? I'd like to use this as a filtering system on an image sharing-based site using the addon and give users a list of items they can filter out if they don't want to see it. i.e., NSFW and the like. Thanks so much for your time! :)

I have 4 custom fields applied to one category, the Applicable Content Type is set to ALL.
In photo edit and album view they are not ordered, and seems they are in alphabetical order.
Yes, it is a bug (Ref: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/the-gallery-does-not-take-into-account-the-field-display-order.1142/). I have fixed for next coming update (Expected today).
Hi,
I've some problems with sharing with Pinterest: I always get only a black window if i try it. Any ideas?
Kai
It happens when you share the album only, right? I confirm it is a bug. I cannot display the album cover. (Ref: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/cannot-display-the-album-cover-when-sharing-to-pinterest.1143/)
@sonnb I own a forum that revolved around personal dating posts and also photo share. You have a wonderful product here and I would like to check if it is possible to import all the 2k photos threads over along with its comment posts? Would it require additional work? If yes, do you provide such service?

Secondly, We also would wish to use your video mod too but we wish to separate it into another section/ tab. Not wanting to confuse our existing users, can it be done easily?
I believe we are discussing via conversation.
This addon looks very promising, @sonnb . However, I already use XenMediaGallery. What is the advantage of sonnb gallery compared to XenMediaGallery?

For example I have one issue with XenMediaGallery. I would need different Image sizes for Albums (portrait images - for example for book covers) and preview images for videos. Can I have different preview images sizes for different albums?
You can freely choose a photo/video for the album cover. XenGallery uses different way to serve the images which I believe faster. It also has lot of different things. They way images are arranged, the way they are being displayed which is faster as well. Please take a look on www.sonnb.com to see how it works in action.
Would it be possible to filter using tags, so I can do something, for example, like not show all items with a specific tag? I'd like to use this as a filtering system on an image sharing-based site using the addon and give users a list of items they can filter out if they don't want to see it. i.e., NSFW and the like. Thanks so much for your time! :)
You can do that with the Collection feature. It allows you to create a collection and collect all the photos. (The collection does not physically stores the images but the album. It just make the link to the photos). For the filtering by tag, at this moment, it does not support.

Is there some code I can copy from one template to another to allow people to tag their images from the upload page? It would streamline the process, especially for people uploading lots of images that need tagged all at once.

Please disregard previous comment, as I've sorted it now!

However, bonus question: Do Tag searches take a while to update? We've tagged as certain things that aren't returning those images in the search results, and I'm wondering if it's an issue with tags that have space or if the tag results take a while to update.

Last edited:
No, it happens also if I like to share just a picture ...

Kai
This is what shows up when I click on Pinterest share on a photo:

upload_2016-12-2_0-23-54.webp

Do Tag searches take a while to update? We've tagged as certain things that aren't returning those images in the search results, and I'm wondering if it's an issue with tags that have space or if the tag results take a while to update.
No, usually it is instantly. Could you tell me the case?

This is what shows up when I click on Pinterest share on a photo:

View attachment 144636

No, usually it is instantly. Could you tell me the case?

It seemed to be an issue with tags that had spaces in them. We're an image sharing site, so we have tags like "Solo Female" and "Solo Male" for subjects. The Solo Male tag seemed to work fine, but adding new photos to Solo Female failed to show them in the tag search for it. I verified that the capitalization, spacing, and spelling were an exact match. Yet, the items did not show.

Additional question: I would like to set a custom URL to the gallery tab. Could you kindly tell me which template controls that, and I should be good to make the modifications on my own. Thank you so much! :)

It seemed to be an issue with tags that had spaces in them. We're an image sharing site, so we have tags like "Solo Female" and "Solo Male" for subjects. The Solo Male tag seemed to work fine, but adding new photos to Solo Female failed to show them in the tag search for it. I verified that the capitalization, spacing, and spelling were an exact match. Yet, the items did not show.
I will check them (Ref: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/probably-a-bug-with-space-in-tag.1148/).
Additional question: I would like to set a custom URL to the gallery tab. Could you kindly tell me which template controls that, and I should be good to make the modifications on my own. Thank you so much! :)
You can easily change it using Route Filters feature in XF.

You can easily change it using Route Filters feature in XF.

The main issue is that I want to change the gallery tab link per different styles. Our main layout has splash pages that offer a content warning, and I would like to create a secondary layout that removes these warning pages for more experienced users who do not need or want them.

I had at some point previously managed to manually change the gallery tab's address but have since been unable to locate where I made the change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom