sonnb - Up Thread [Deleted]

Yeah , I was a superadmin and that's why it let me bump every topic. It works great when as a regular member. Thanks!

Hey does this addon, make it so say:

If they are in certain usergroups i can limit them to 2 posts a week in a certain category?

sonnb updated sonnb - Up Thread with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.4.0 with new features and improvement

- Remove Time Limit Option. Now Time limit for thread and global were moved to User Permission.
You are able now to use both limit type: For example: 30s between Up and 300s between Up for single thread.
- Optimized Thread list button render and overal optimization.
- Added option to show single button/dropdown menu (as usual) in thread view.
- Added Up button next to "Post Reply" in quick reply.
- Added Count down support for Up Buttons in Thread View (Enable/Disable via Admin Options).

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm glad I found this addon and I think it could potentially be very useful on AVForums. Is it possible to extend the limit on threads per day to one thread per forum only? I.e. to prevent people from posting lots of classifieds, we allow them only one thread per forum. Thanks

I'm glad I found this addon and I think it could potentially be very useful on AVForums. Is it possible to extend the limit on threads per day to one thread per forum only? I.e. to prevent people from posting lots of classifieds, we allow them only one thread per forum. Thanks

Hello,

It depends on how your limitation option was configured. If you set to: Global, the limit would count total of threads in all Nodes. If you set to: Node, it would limit base on top most node.

Forum Index
- Forum A (<-- Top most)
-- Forum A1
---- Forum A11.
-- Forum A2
-- Forum A3

Thanks. Not sure if you understand me fully. Within each specific classified forum, I want to limit the number of threads to one per person. It's not based on time at all.
Your addon allows us to restrict the number of new threads to a certain number per a certain unit of time.
We want to restrict it to 1 ever in each of the classified forums.
So for example, each member is allowed one thread in the iPhone classified forum and one thread in the home cinema classified forum and one thread in the blu-ray classified forum.
For each classified forum, they are allowed one thread maximum.
Is this possible?
If not, would you consider adding this functionality please?

Thanks. Not sure if you understand me fully. Within each specific classified forum, I want to limit the number of threads to one per person. It's not based on time at all.
Your addon allows us to restrict the number of new threads to a certain number per a certain unit of time.
We want to restrict it to 1 ever in each of the classified forums.
So for example, each member is allowed one thread in the iPhone classified forum and one thread in the home cinema classified forum and one thread in the blu-ray classified forum.
For each classified forum, they are allowed one thread maximum.
Is this possible?
If not, would you consider adding this functionality please?

I get what do you mean. But this is too common function and it could be used in various of cases so it could be a separated addon that I have seen somewhere, you could have a look on this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/liquidpro-new-thread-quota.208/

Top Bottom