sonnb - Up Thread [Deleted]

So I have everything configured like I think it should be, but it seems after a user posts a thread they can immediately bump it. After they bump it that once, then they have to wait for the time to expire. This basically gives them a free bump.

How do we make it so they have to wait until the time has elapsed after they post their thread?

Purchased!

I noticed something odd. When specifying the bump interval for the different user groups, if I want a7 day bump I have to set the interval to 601200 rather than 604800. If I set it to 604800 it starts counting down from 7 days 1 hour (168 hours 59 minutes). Anything less than 7 days seems to be fine.

Any plans to change the count down to days, hours, seconds, rather than just seconds? Looks funny telling people they have to wait 598,000 seconds to bump their thread :)
Yes, I have heard that request from estranged too which also have very long delay :D. I will note this to implement.
So I have everything configured like I think it should be, but it seems after a user posts a thread they can immediately bump it. After they bump it that once, then they have to wait for the time to expire. This basically gives them a free bump.

How do we make it so they have to wait until the time has elapsed after they post their thread?
Currently there is no way but we can make it as an option.

Can you please do that as an option? I'll PayPal you an extra $20 if you can do it by our launch this weekend.

It's very important this works from the moment they make the post :)

Cheers,
Joe

Is there an easy way to switch the location of "up thread" and "post reply" buttons under the editor. Our users are complaining they are always hitting the wrong button :)

Is there an easy way to switch the location of "up thread" and "post reply" buttons under the editor. Our users are complaining they are always hitting the wrong button :)
You mean move Up Thread button after the More Options button?

Any progress on this? :)

Thank you for the update. I'm having a problem, unfortunately.

I have "Require Wait After Create Thread" selected, but it's still allowing my members to bump it once before it begins the countdown. You can test it at www.northwestfirearms.com.

Thanks,
Joe

"Imagine that you are managing a big classified forum or your forum have some classified nodes that have a lot of topic per day."
I'm working hard and I hope someday have a big forum and I'll purchase this great addon. sure!
I realy want :D

Regarding this setting: (Thread List) Disable Thread Come Up On Reply

I'd like to see an option for it to apply only to the thread starter. In other words, replies by thread starter (OP) would not up thread but replies by anyone else would up thread.

@sonnb - somehow this addon interferes with the order of Recent Posts (which I have renamed to "Active Discussions"). Seems to have something to do with time zone of the member who posted.

With Up Thread addon enabled:

enabled.webp

Without UpThread enabled:

disabled.webp

Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

Last edited:
Regarding this setting: (Thread List) Disable Thread Come Up On Reply

I'd like to see an option for it to apply only to the thread starter. In other words, replies by thread starter (OP) would not up thread but replies by anyone else would up thread.
It is an extra to have it. Because they can create more accounts to reply to get thread bumped.
@sonnb - somehow this addon interferes with the order of Recent Posts (which I have renamed to "Active Discussions"). Seems to have something to do with time zone of the member who posted.

With Up Thread addon enabled:

View attachment 100489

Without UpThread enabled:

View attachment 100490

Is there a setting I can change to fix this?
Have you try to uncheck the option "(Thread List) Disable Thread Come Up On Reply"?

Top Bottom