sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Deleted]

Will this update help with users adding links in the "about me" tab, area on the profile?
I'm deleting users every day that have junk in there just to spam my forums.

Thanks

They were there since 1.1.13 as you could see in this screenshot: http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/tab-posting-link-options-jpg.37538/

Since 1.2.0, I have included

README, CONFIGURATION, INSTALL, UPGRADE, CHANGELOGS, LICENSE are now included in addon package.
inside the package. You could have a look in CONFIGURATION.txt to see how to configure all the addon's options.

They were there since 1.1.13 as you could see in this screenshot: http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/tab-posting-link-options-jpg.37538/

Since 1.2.0, I have included

inside the package. You could have a look in CONFIGURATION.txt to see how to configure all the addon's options.
okay, well it wasn't blocking it in the version(1.1.13) I had installed.
I'll check out the update

thanks

*update*
So I just updated, not sure why I wasn't running the latest version, the only other version you sent me was 1.1.13
anyways I'm on 1.2.1 now and I don't see anything that checks the about me on registration, also your screenshot doesn't confirm anything either. ;)

Please point out how to prevent users from adding links to the about me tab on registration.

Thanks

Well I'm still getting spammers to sign up, guess I'll have to look for another mod to handle them.
I hope it's not another paid one. :(

Thanks, I'll check it out today and if it'll work, I'll install it tonight.
Anything to remove me from checking new accounts every day ;)

hmm, just looked and I don't know if that'll help.
I already have keycaptcha, so they are putting together a puzzle already.
Not sure this would improve things, but thanks anyways. (y)
So they're figuring stuff like that out, too. *******s are getting smarter every day.

I have in the extra config to delete logs that older than 1 day and yet when I view the log today, the last entry is Wed 11PM so it's been more than 24 hours since then.

I have it check the content of PM. It would be nice to get the content of the PM for spam links. It would be nice to have that flagged content shown up in the acp log.

okay, well it wasn't blocking it in the version(1.1.13) I had installed.
I'll check out the update

thanks

*update*
So I just updated, not sure why I wasn't running the latest version, the only other version you sent me was 1.1.13
anyways I'm on 1.2.1 now and I don't see anything that checks the about me on registration, also your screenshot doesn't confirm anything either. ;)

Please point out how to prevent users from adding links to the about me tab on registration.

Thanks

tab-posting-link-options-jpg.37542

Sorry for the late reply but, are you able to see them in "Check On" section?

When deleting posts as spam, please add the ability to abide by XenForo's default spam management settings of either removing from public view or move to forum - whichever is specified.

Top Bottom