sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Deleted]

working great here, thanks. Some ideas for a future version:
-handle registrations that are done in under x seconds. Any human needs time to enter the reg-fields while bots can do that in ms. So for example any reg in under x secs is ignored as thats clearly a bot.
-possibility to check against existing posts/threads/users in backend. Would be great to clear the userbase for old spam-accounts/posts/signatures

working great here, thanks. Some ideas for a future version:
-handle registrations that are done in under x seconds. Any human needs time to enter the reg-fields while bots can that in ms. So for example any reg in under x secs is ignored as thats clearly a bot.
-possibility to check against existing posts/threads/users in backend. Would be great to clear the userbase for old spam-accounts/posts/signatures
Thanks for your suggestion. I definitely would consider it :)

Hello,

Can you add something to block users from putting in links and info in the "about" page.
We have users getting through and everything looks fine until you view the information tab on their profile and see they are spammers.

If this is built in, can you do a quick run through of how I'd block them.

Thanks

Hello,

Can you add something to block users from putting in links and info in the "about" page.
We have users getting through and everything looks fine until you view the information tab on their profile and see they are spammers.

Thanks

It's not an option with this plugin and I don't believe anyone has addressed this issue. Thankfully, we have XenUtils, but it's a chore to clean them out on a daily basis.

Prevent? No.

All XenUtils does it make you aware of possible profile spam ... ie ... Shows you who has links and to where (found in AdminCP)

Exactly. I control-click on delete account and have ton of tabs open. I then delete each one manually.

Hello,

Thanks
It's not an option with this plugin and I don't believe anyone has addressed this issue. Thankfully, we have XenUtils, but it's a chore to clean them out on a daily basis.
Are you serious? We have options to check for links/keywords/akismet on About page and Signature since 1.1.13 :D If you are using older version, please check email and update it. If you are using 1.1.13, please take a look on ACP Options page for these options.

Are you serious? We have options to check for links/keywords/akismet on About page and Signature since 1.1.13 :D If you are using older version, please check email and update it. If you are using 1.1.13, please take a look on ACP Options page for these options.

Excellent work. Did not realize this update address those issues.

Is there something to check 'homepage'. That would also be a great addition to the plugin.

Out of curiosity, I'd love to see what settings others are using with SonnB.

Excellent work. Did not realize this update address those issues.

Is there something to check 'homepage'. That would also be a great addition to the plugin.

Out of curiosity, I'd love to see what settings others are using with SonnB.
"Homepage" you mean profile post? If yes so this addon has from the beginning version. Version 1.2.0 would include some documents for your concern.

sonnb updated sonnb - Stop Spam Here with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.2.0 with a lot of changes

- Changed GUI for options page for more clean look and easier to configure

- Added integration codes to work with FoolHoneyBot addon

- Added "Delete As Spam" Inline Moderation for Thread, Post and Profile Post (WARNING: this permission should be allowed for administrators only since it allows to delete user).
+ Ban/Delete/Discourage User​
+ Ban/Discourage User's IPs​
+ Delete user's threads​
+ Delete user's posts​
+...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

"Homepage" you mean profile post? If yes so this addon has from the beginning version. Version 1.2.0 would include some documents for your concern.

Personal Details > Homepage. Is there a way to prevent those from coming in?

Since upgrade to 1.2.0, i got over 100 server errors on ACP. It looks like the spam logs are not stored on the StopSpamHere logs but in error logs.

I also got emails from people that they can't register. The error they got is A server error occurred. Please try again later

This is the server error from a member that can't register. I have 100+ like this, many of them from spammers but regular members as well.

ErrorException: Undefined variable: sshModel - library/sonnbStopSpamHere/ControllerPublic/Register.php:17
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/andy/public_html/library/sonnbStopSpamHere/ControllerPublic/Register.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/andy/publ...', 17, Array)
#1 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): sonnbStopSpamHere_ControllerPublic_Register->actionIndex()
#2 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/andy/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "https://www.domain.com/login/login"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/login/login"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["login"] => string(19) "conigxx@gmail.com"
["register"] => string(1) "1"
["remember"] => string(1) "1"
["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
["redirect"] => string(12) "/login/login"
["_xfToken"] => string(0) ""
}
}

Suggestion: sonnb, you should make the first post of this thread a list of "best practices" for your addon. Make it a go to reference for current and future customers.

Since upgrade to 1.2.0, i got over 100 server errors on ACP. It looks like the spam logs are not stored on the StopSpamHere logs but in error logs.

I also got emails from people that they can't register. The error they got is A server error occurred. Please try again later

This is the server error from a member that can't register. I have 100+ like this, many of them from spammers but regular members as well.

ErrorException: Undefined variable: sshModel - library/sonnbStopSpamHere/ControllerPublic/Register.php:17
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/andy/public_html/library/sonnbStopSpamHere/ControllerPublic/Register.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/andy/publ...', 17, Array)
#1 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): sonnbStopSpamHere_ControllerPublic_Register->actionIndex()
#2 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/andy/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "https://www.domain.com/login/login"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/login/login"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["login"] => string(19) "conigxx@gmail.com"
["register"] => string(1) "1"
["remember"] => string(1) "1"
["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
["redirect"] => string(12) "/login/login"
["_xfToken"] => string(0) ""
}
}
Thanks for your report. Although I have tested but not sure why it miss 1 line before this. I am going to send the fix.

Suggestion: sonnb, you should make the first post of this thread a list of "best practices" for your addon. Make it a go to reference for current and future customers.
In this version, I have included detail document for configuration that would be a good start for customers :)

Top Bottom