sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Deleted]

sonnb updated sonnb - Stop Spam Here with a new update entry:

Added Link Checking, Keyword Checking and Akismet Checking on User Signature saving and About Me

Change logs:
- Added Link Checking, Keyword Checking and Akismet Checking on User Signature saving and About Me saving. You are able to enable them from Add-on's option as same as for New Thread, Post....
- Removed Botscout and FSpamlist from Add-on's core.
- Removed Debug exception message due to confusion.
- Minor code changes
Where are my Bot Detecting services?
- Stop Forum Spam, FSpamlist, BotScout... are now available as standalone Add-on, you just need to install them and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have the new version installed along with 3 of the four modules (fspamlist, botscout, and sfs) 2 questions:
1. What are the xml files with each module?
2. where do I put the api number supplied by each service. I have a field for Akismet but none of the others are listed in the options.

Ah.... I see now. Installing the modules now. Newb here :)

Thanks

current updates installed (afaik) and now no info in the logs, just- time, username & ip.... no details?
It has all info that you might need: type of log, time, action performed, link to content. What do you need more?

no info beyond date, user & ip....

no info on what they did, action taken, link to content... etc ie all the info that was there pre update....

eg i have one genuine user that tried to place a link in a sig, that was prevented ( as it should) but now all i have is the , date , user & time.... no further info so could be a single link in a sig which we dont allow or a bot posting 500 links in a single post..... i no longer know....

sonnb - Stop Spam Here - Logs

Go to content:

Extra Information:
Generated By: julia, Wednesday at 4:50 PM

link to content has no data, no idea of action performed.. i assume moderated,

Yes, it was more detailled before, like that (old & random screenshots) :
h3XdV.png

no info beyond date, user & ip....

no info on what they did, action taken, link to content... etc ie all the info that was there pre update....

eg i have one genuine user that tried to place a link in a sig, that was prevented ( as it should) but now all i have is the , date , user & time.... no further info so could be a single link in a sig which we dont allow or a bot posting 500 links in a single post..... i no longer know....

sonnb - Stop Spam Here - Logs

Go to content:

Extra Information:
Generated By: julia, Wednesday at 4:50 PM

link to content has no data, no idea of action performed.. i assume moderated,
What is the link info that you clicked in to show this popup?

Yes, it was more detailled before, like that (old & random screenshots) :
h3XdV.png
This was designed to reduce database size of storing. Actually the new log still show you: Content creator, process reason (akismet), action performed and link to content.

I'm so convicted that this modification makes up the logs because this is a ridiculous amount of spam that has tried to sign up since installing this yesterday!

I'm so convicted that this modification makes up the logs because this is a ridiculous amount of spam that has tried to sign up since installing this yesterday!
If you want to know this is real by use action "Allow to register but put into moderation queue" then you would see how many bots were moved to "User Awaiting Approval".

Didn't you get hit by the spam wave a few weeks ago? The attacks are automated:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-forums-getting-lots-of-spam.35195/

Before installing this addon, I had more or less the same amount of spammy registrations and had to delete them by myself. You may want to manually check your previous "successful" registrations against SFS database (or equivalent). That way you'll be able to check if newly blocked registrations are part of a bigger wave or a brand new one.

If you want to know this is real by use action "Allow to register but put into moderation queue" then you would see how many bots were moved to "User Awaiting Approval".
Haha, I'll pass :p It is just so crazy that I haven't had this before!

Didn't you get hit by the spam wave a few weeks ago? The attacks are automated:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-forums-getting-lots-of-spam.35195/

Before installing this addon, I had more or less the same amount of spammy registrations and had to delete them by myself. You may want to manually check your previous "successful" registrations against SFS database (or equivalent). That way you'll be able to check if newly blocked registrations are part of a bigger wave or a brand new one.
I was hit, but not hit as hard as others.

Top Bottom